Packaging LEGO Mindstorms NXT Software v2.1

asditsupport
New Contributor III

I'm trying to package and deploy LEGO mindstorms education NXT Software v2.1 to clients running OSX 10.8.4
The installation CD supports up-till OSX 10.6 and there is a patch (from LEGO) which enables the software to run on 10.8 I run the install the disc, complete the install and restart (required by app). After which I install the patch and open the software to check if its working and it works! I then package it with composer (I have tried Normal snapshot and New & Modified snapshot) and push it to the client. Pushes successfully but an error pops up when I click on the app
Error code:1003

Any ideas?
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asditsupport
New Contributor III

Thank you andyparkernz and LSinNY
I created the package with LEGO mindstorms NXT v2.1and 2.1f5 patch. The Fantom (legodriver) driver had to be put as a separate package and deployed to the client. So, in my policy, I have got the LEGO mindstorms package running first then the fantom driver (single policy). Tested on one and it worked! I'm not sure as to why it wasn't working when all the 3 files were combined in Composer.
A quick question - Is a restart necessary after the installation?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

andyparkernz
New Contributor III

Hi,
We had to package and push out the Fantom driver as well - is this the same as the 10.8 update you've already added?
Andy

asditsupport
New Contributor III

Hello andyparkernz,
The patch I installed is named NXT EDU 21f5 Patch. I read somewhere about the Fantom driver and I downloaded it but haven't tried it out yet. Thanks for the input, now for sure I wont ignore. Will let you know how it goes.
Cheers!

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

also check version of flash. 10.3 and lower or current version. seems not to like anything in between. i think the fantom driver is the key as I have deployed it the same way you have for the past 3 years ( normal snapshot) I lay down 2.1, then the 2.1F Patch.

LS

asditsupport
New Contributor III

Thank you andyparkernz and LSinNY
I created the package with LEGO mindstorms NXT v2.1and 2.1f5 patch. The Fantom (legodriver) driver had to be put as a separate package and deployed to the client. So, in my policy, I have got the LEGO mindstorms package running first then the fantom driver (single policy). Tested on one and it worked! I'm not sure as to why it wasn't working when all the 3 files were combined in Composer.
A quick question - Is a restart necessary after the installation?

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

I want to say 100% No reboot, but its really hard to say because this is done while imaging, and the machine reboots for CS6 install.

asditsupport
New Contributor III

Thanks for that LSinNY. I guess its better to do it anyways. All that's remaining is to test it with the Robots.
Appreciate your time and expertise.

aschultz
New Contributor II

I am having a similar issue with the Lego Mindstorms EV3 v 1.0.1. We have site licence codes for the individual packages...

I have so far packaged the software in Composer, but it wants the Mono Framework and Microsoft Silverlight installed to run properly.

What I have done so far is to run the updater from lego, to update the software to install those components. After that, all is well.

My package without the updater runs in at 1.3GB in size, and is slow to download from my Distibution Points. I'd love to speed that up.