PGP deployment

Not applicable

Hello all,

I wanted to see if anyone out there has deployed PGPG whole disk encryption successfully? I am using ver. 9.12, I am getting ready to deploy PGP to the laptops in our environment. I have tried pushing the .pkg file and that did not work. I have taken a snapshot with composer after installation, but before the restart. It seems to work, but it will ask for the user to type in a password to write to the keychain. Problem with that is it will only accept the local addmins password that I built the package with. Not really sure what I am missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

Sean Gallagher
215-910-1551
gallaghersj at email.chop.edu

3 REPLIES 3

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

When you build the package is it capturing the local admin's keychain? If so, delete it from your package. Then I think technically when the end user tries it, it should attach to their keychain, or post script the install with a script that deletes out the keychain. By design a new one should be created on the fly.

Not applicable

Hello all,

I wanted to see if anyone out there has deployed PGPG whole disk encryption successfully? I am using ver. 9.12, I am getting ready to deploy PGP to the laptops in our environment. I have tried pushing the .pkg file and that did not work. I have taken a snapshot with composer after installation, but before the restart. It seems to work, but it will ask for the user to type in a password to write to the keychain. Problem with that is it will only accept the local addmins password that I built the package with. Not really sure what I am missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

Sean Gallagher
215-910-1551
gallaghersj at email.chop.edu

Not applicable

When I snap shot it before the restart there is nothing in the package that referes to the keychain at all, that's why it was puzzling to me. I am going to take another snap shot on a clean system and see what's happens.