Policy for Turning On Notification Center's Do Not Disturb

Morningside
Contributor II

In System Preferences, within the Notifications widget, there is an option for Do Not Disturb. In the past, in order to suppress ALL notifications for students and for the Guest Account, I simply turned on DND 24/7. I'd love a policy or config profile to do this instead. It would help reduce the times I have to touch each computer. Alternatively, if someone else knows of a more efficient method to suppress all (ALL - not just the welcome/take a tour message) notifications, that would be swell. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

luke_jaeger
Contributor

look at this thread
the updated version of the script (posted 1/11/18) works on my 10.13 and 10.14 Macs.

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/13619/toggling-do-not-disturb-mavericks

luke_jaeger
Contributor

if you want to test it:
send this command via ARD as currently logged in user:
/usr/bin/osascript -e "display notification "fleebo""
try it before & after toggling the state of "do not disturb"

luke_jaeger
Contributor

well, this is weird. It worked like a charm yesterday. Today the script doesn't change the settings in Notification UI at all. not sure WTF is going on here ...

wswope
New Contributor II

Any chance there is a solution to turning off Notifications in IOS?

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

As far as I recall, Apple does not want anyone to control this but the actual end user. So, I do not think it is possible to manage DnD at all. If your users turn it on and ignore your push notifications that is just the world we live in now.