Pre-stage Enrollment broken after ABM update?

gloper1977
Contributor

I just discovered in the last few days that my MacBooks are not doing pre-stage enrollment.  I cannot say for sure but I believe this might coincide with the latest ABM upgrade Apple did but I can't confirm that.  I redid our Automated device enrollment token as I found some other people were people had similar issues in the past but that didn't help.  Initially I thought the issue was the new M1 Max 16" MacBook Pro I was working on but decided to test an older i7 MacBook Pro and that also is not doing the pre-stage enrollment.  Has anyone else had any problems with their pre-stage enrollments recently?

3 REPLIES 3

aandino
New Contributor III

I have currently added M1 Airs to our ABM with Configurator 2 and they show up and are properly assigned to Jamf, but for the life of me, I can't get them to pick up the remote management window during setup. I've tried to reimage twice, and tested on two different networks, both wifi and ethernet. Not sure if something is broken, or I'm doing something wrong as I'm still fairly new to Jamf.

My issue cleared up after a day or so think it was a momentary issue because of the update at the time.

aandino
New Contributor III

I'll give it some time. I added it yesterday and tried again today and no dice. I'll let it simmer a bit longer and see what happens.

Update: I think I had something funky from a half setup Jamf from previously. I blew out all the old stuff APNs cert and tokens etc and redid it all. Did another full reimage on the test machine I was using to 12.4 and next boot up it worked. Hope this helps someone.