Prestage Enrollment - Filter bug.

Discher
New Contributor III

Hi!   Our University is using Jamf Pro 10.37.2 On Prem.

We have a few different DEP Prestages.  I needed to move 24 computers from one Prestage to another.  I filtered the computers by name, for example 'LO214', which gave me 24 results.  With my results filtered I then chose 'deselect all', and the 24 computers that were listed were deselected, which was the correct behavior.  However, when I chose Save, all 785 of my remaining computers were also unassigned from that DEP prestage!  This must be a bug...  I can replicate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mickgrant
Contributor III

Deselect all button does just that. it Deselects everything assigned to the prestage
for example - if you filter devices, so that I can only see 3 devices in the prestage and then click Deselect all, the checkmark will be removed from your filtered results. but if you remove the filter before clicking save you will see that everything else has been unchecked as well.

In reality, the filtering devices within a prestage are just hiding the results that don't match. it's not creating a new subgroup, where you can use the Deselect all button on.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

You should open a support ticket to report the behavior. Support will be able to let you know if this is a known PI, and if it is not known, they will open a PI for it.

mickgrant
Contributor III

Deselect all button does just that. it Deselects everything assigned to the prestage
for example - if you filter devices, so that I can only see 3 devices in the prestage and then click Deselect all, the checkmark will be removed from your filtered results. but if you remove the filter before clicking save you will see that everything else has been unchecked as well.

In reality, the filtering devices within a prestage are just hiding the results that don't match. it's not creating a new subgroup, where you can use the Deselect all button on.

Discher
New Contributor III

So it's not a bug... it's a feature!  😁