Prestage Enrollments and Sites

SDamianoINWK
New Contributor III

I work for a company that has two brands that have two separate IT departments. For that reason, we have sites separate out for both of these companies.

I want to have two separate prestage enrollments for these two sites. I believe I have this set up properly, however, on the list of prestage enrollments, the site is never listed. If we look at the settings for the prestage enrollment, though, it knows to assign computers to it's correct and corresponding site.

The issue is that I have access to these prestage enrollments as I am the global admin, but my local admins for those sites do not have access to the prestage enrollments. I believe the cause is that I cannot assign the prestage enrollment to the site. I can only assign the site that the computers in the prestage enrollment will go to.

Attached is a screen shot that lists the prestage enrollments as listed as not a part of the site, but showing that there is a site set within the prestage enrollment.

Has anyone else ran into this and know the solution? Or is this a product issue?

I am using Jamf Pro in the cloud. 67973205f25846cd8f778e9cbebf794e
3c614bb29d644802acb529c4194b03d2

4 REPLIES 4

m_donovan
Contributor III

Do your site admins have CRUD privileges for PreStage enrollments?

SDamianoINWK
New Contributor III

Yes, however the issue is that the site listed in the top screen shot is "none", so they won't ever see it anyway. The bottom screen shot shows that its a part of the site, though.

jnm1
New Contributor II

In my experience must switch from a site to "Full Jamf Pro" to see any prestage enrollments. That seems odd and means that I have to give more rights that I want to some other lower admins.

Prestages for sites seems like it should be an option.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi,
Your Pre-stage is associated with a DEP instance.
Settings>Global Mangement>Device Enrollment Program

For my setup, when my DEP instance is associated with a particular site, then the Prestage created based on that DEP instance is also associated with that site.

a7b4ed56182245ac8169768310381f83
4dadb92398e84d28b2d4196e01c5b498