Previous user Exchange information on reissued iPad

mpittcasd
Contributor

Has anyone else come across this issue where we reissue an iPad and go through the enrollment process, but after our configuration profiles are installed and it asks for an Exchange password it will ask for the previous user's password.

I think this issue first appeared for us last year, but it was maybe 2 or 3 out of a few hundred and we could delete the profiles and re-enroll. Now it seems to be happening to every iPad that we reissue and we can't get around it. The only thing that changed was setting up the DEP enrollment during activation but the profiles have been the same.

Is there a log for the enrollment process? When I check the iPads themselves nothing looks out of the ordinary.

4 REPLIES 4

mpittcasd
Contributor

Bump.

Still having this issue. An iPad that was wiped using the Erase All Content and Settings option was re-issued to a different student. During the enrollment with DEP the new owner logs in and everything goes through, but the Exchange settings are for the previous owner. The configuration profile for our Exchange settings hasn't changed but the problem started occurring more frequently in the last couple of months as opposed to maybe 3 or 4 out of a couple hundred.

jcline_bigos
New Contributor

Adam were you ever able to resolve this? I'm seeing the same issue.

mpittcasd
Contributor

Yes! Our account manager figured out that in the Pre-Stage Enrollment settings we had to uncheck the "use location information if available" box. That may not be the exact name of the setting but it's in the general area of the prestage.

jcline_bigos
New Contributor

Excellent! Thanks much, that resolved it for me as well.