Programmatically scanning for plug-ins in Ableton 11

rsalter
New Contributor

Hello,

We've recently moved over to using Jamf and deployed Ableton 11 to all our machines with little issue, but we're finding we have to scan for plugins in Ableton manually on every account that logs in to the computers. I'm hoping there's a way to have jamf run this for us but haven't been able to find anything on the subject. Has anyone had a similar issue?

2 REPLIES 2

Wyverll
New Contributor

Hi,

We had this as well and since in our labs the user profiles are deleted on logout, every time a user logged in and launched Ableton they would have to rescan to find plugins manually.

The solution I came up with was to get all the Ableton preferences set up how I wanted it and then copy the /Users/Username/Library/Preferences/Ableton folder to the /Library/User Template/en_GB.lproj/Library/Preferences folder, that way all new created home directories get my default Ableton setup which does the scan on startup since it's already listed in the preferences.

I'm using the en_GB.lproj because we have it set for UK localisation, if you haven't set a localisation then the default is English.lproj instead, or if you have a different localisation then you need to find the correct folder in User Templates, they are fairly obvious which is which.

rsalter
New Contributor

Hey,

This worked! thanks so much for your help