Proximityd on Big Sur

easdonc
New Contributor II

We have been using the Twocanoes proximityd daemon and a config profile on our MacBook fleet to have printers automatically install and uninstall based on location in a building and proximity to a beacon. We are getting ready to go to Big Sur and I'm having issues with it not registering any regions when I check the logs. I am suspicious this is a TCC privacy issue that needs access to the Bluetooth, but haven't found out how to add it. I tried granting the daemon access to Bluetooth, but that didn't work.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

Purple_Computin
New Contributor

I think the problem is with the way that Apple have deprecated the init(proximityUUID:major:minor:identifier:) initializer and replaced it with init(uuid:major:minor:identifier:).

More info here > https://developer.apple.com/documentation/corelocation/clbeaconregion

It would seem that JAMF has yet to implement the new initializer - JAMF Support was trying to tell me earlier that the whole thing had been deprecated by Apple.

I have a support ticket open with them and it's been escalated so hopeful to hear something soon.

I see this was a few weeks ago, did you make any progress or have an alternative solution?

I haven't gotten anywhere on this. Still hoping to find a solution.