Removing JAMF MDM Profile

jdrewes2001
New Contributor

I am no longer a JAMF customer, meaning I don't have the software or anything related to JAMF on any computer I have (long story) and I am a Windows user.

All I need to do is remove the MDM Profiles created by JAMFs from the iPhones. Someone PLEASE help me! Is there so way to remove the profiles? I am currently stuck on the screen attached below. Thanks! 1bfa7356de614a8ca48913ae5029f00f

6 REPLIES 6

nelsoni
Contributor III

You need to access your ABM account and remove your phone from DEP

jdrewes2001
New Contributor

I 'released' and 'unassigned' the device in ABM. Still nothing. What happens if I delete the MDM profile on ABM completely? Will it lock up the other devices?

Currently, the settings says "MDM Server Info Enrolled via Apple Configurator 2" And I can click 'edit' 'delete'. Any thoughts. Thanks!

nelsoni
Contributor III

ABM does not push profiles, that is done by your MDM. It sounds like you enrolled this iPhone using Apple Configurator 2?

peaudunk
New Contributor III

You used to have to DFU wipe iOS devices on occasion, as some prestage information would be cached. But it's been a few years since I've had to deal with iOS. Can't hurt!

jdrewes2001
New Contributor

I did enroll using Apple Config. 2. Are we all in agreement that deleting the MDM won't harm anything?

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

@jdrewes2001 When you unassign a device in ABM, it no longer points to a virtual MDM server which is connected to your real MDM.

When you release a device in ABM, it is no longer 'owned' by the institution.

All you need to do is Restore the iPhone so it Activates again and gets new Enrollment info ('not assigned to an MDM server' or 'not in ABM'). You should not need to delete the virtual MDM server in ABM.