Running AcroCleanerTool Silently to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

I have tried downloading the tool from here AcroCleaner — Acrobat Desktop Tools and Utilities (adobe.com)

There are instructions for Windows but nothing for mac. Does anyone know how to run this silently?

6 REPLIES 6

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Years ago we had a gold contract with Adobe. We had no luck removing old suites and Acrobat. On a support call, Jody Rogers (who worked at Adobe at the time) advised we erase/rebuild a computer if we wanted/needed to remove anything Adobe. Best advice ever, 100% successful. :)

--
https://donmontalvo.com

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

Ive managed to capture the files for Adobe Reader uninstall script. The pain was Adobe Acrobat for Mac. I managed to have success and uploaded it to my github here Scripts/Bash/Uninstall Acrobat at master · tkimpton/Scripts (github.com)

can you share script for Adobe Reader/ Adobe Reader DC/ Adobe Reader Pro uninstall

Shri Sivakumaran

I came looking for the Acrobat Pro removal script. Have you tested it on Adobe Acrobat DC?

shrisivakumaran
New Contributor III

@kacey3 do you need script to remove Acrobat Pro only or all Adobe Product. I have some scripted test to remove complete Adobe application.

Shri Sivakumaran

I'm interested in removing Acrobat Pro and Reader as part of a cleanup project.