Save The Date! JAMF Nation User Conference - October 23-25, 2012

John_Wetter
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hi Everybody,
We're excited to announce the dates for the JAMF NUC for 2012! There is a button at the top of the discussion on the main page with more details, but right now is a great time to just block that time out on your calendar.

Here's the link to the main site:
http://jamfsoftware.com/events/user-conferences/jamf-nation-user-conference-2012

The discussion point here on JAMF Nation is at:
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/jnuc.html

There has been a group of JAMF customers working with JAMF on preliminary planning for this event. We've collected all of your feedback from last year and are planning some exciting things for this fall.

What we're looking for from the community right now would be if there are any topics you would like us to be sure to include this year, and if you have an idea of a resource for that topic, please let us know! Even if the person isn't a regular contributor here on JAMFNation, we can try to get them to come in, so, let the discussion begin!

22 REPLIES 22

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

X-Large t-shirts please. :):):)

--
https://donmontalvo.com

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

I wish this wasn't scheduled so close to MacTech in LA.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Hope that paintball is going down...

John_Wetter

Great start to the discussion guys... </sarcasm>

I'll say about MacTech, yes, we do know we're fairly close to them but by the time we got all of the different schedules together that had to be meshed to make it work, we ended up close to them. We've been in touch though and everybody knows what's going on. We also thought that it was nicer to come to Minnesota in October vs. January!

Any topics people are thinking about that we want to have that we didn't last year?

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Active Directory integration tips and tricks may be nice. I don't think there was a session on that last year.

bentoms

Will there also be a London RUC?

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Session on Best practices for replicating shares on Windows Server 2008 would be great. This still quite fuzzy (no white paper or article?) and relevant considering the mass exodus from Apple server hardware (yuk) to Windows Server 2008.

--

frozenarse
Contributor II

two items that have been on my mind lately:

1. Transitioning from MCX to Profiles
  2. Tips/Tricks/Suggestions for Portable Home Directories and getting smooth syncing.

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Hopefully my schedule will work out and I can come visit with all of you again. I had a lot of fun last year and saw some really good keynotes.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@tlarkin NUC won't be NUC without tlarkin there. :)

--

ernstcs
Contributor III

I know you'll all be sad that I can not be there due to another conference commitment, but I'll be there in spirit. XXL shirt would be great. =D

mclemens
New Contributor

When will you post the discussion topics?

tlarkin
Honored Contributor
I know you'll all be sad that I can not be there due to another conference commitment, but I'll be there in spirit. XXL shirt would be great. =D

Haha, we are still overdue for a beer/coffee sometime. I did not get the chance to meet up with you when I was up north last. I feel like I have been emailing you and a few others of the old list people for many years now.

I am not even sure if I get to go, but if not maybe next time I am in Minneapolis I will see if you are around too!

-Tom

John_Wetter

If you haven't already noticed, there are some 'seed' topics now added! Please vote them up/down and add any other topics you'd like to see! Just click the tag on the main page and go to 'feature requests'.

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

Please stay away from the very basics. If people are coming to this I would expect them to have at least some familiarity with the product. Last year was a bit of jump start redux on some topics. If at all possible tape what can be taped just like WWDC. Please publish the slides that can be published. It's not a lot of fun bothering people for slide decks.

rockpapergoat
Contributor III

agreed, jason. i've seen too many mac specific conferences with schedules full of either the same topics or the same people discussing the same topics. there's definitely value in presenting the basics, but it may be better grouping intro level stuff in a separate track. mac admins, and the jamf community, should stretch a bit to cover some new ground.

djohnson
New Contributor

Is there a schedule available yet? I've read through the list of sessions and I'm curious how many I can fit in!

ernstcs
Contributor III

Unfortunately the detailed time schedule is not completed yet on the website, but I imagine really soon.

John_Wetter

The times are still TBD as Craig mentioned. There are about 10 more sessions that details are getting worked out yet with so as soon as those firm up a bit, then we'll be able to attach times to them as well as giving attendees a handy way of keeping track of that!

Sean_M_Harper
Contributor

two items that have been on my mind lately:

1. Transitioning from MCX to Profiles
  2. Tips/Tricks/Suggestions for Portable Home Directories and getting smooth syncing.

This!

John_Wetter

I can ease your mind and tell you that #2 can't be done... Seriously. Gave up years ago.

Sean_M_Harper
Contributor

Thats ok, as I am really only interested in #1... #2 was simply a hail mary :)