Self Service Error policy #9

atscholen
New Contributor

Dear Jamf users,

Iam busy to setup a Self Service, but everytime i want to install an app (computerapp) i get the error Self Service Error policy #9. Also i have got on error missing bom file or something.

Are there any good step by step manuals to setup a good working jamf server?

Kind regards,

Roderik

3 REPLIES 3

rseide
Contributor

atscholen
New Contributor

Those manuals are very basic. I would like to have a step by step one.
Also my question is not solved by the question about the error problem.

typeusernameher
New Contributor

The quick start guides there are basic but give step by step. If you are looking for super detailed, check out the Administrators Guide, its roughly 500 pages of knowledge with step by step setup of all of the different functionalities of the Suite. Most things are listed there, otherwise search the KBs on JAMFNation

But in regards to your error, we would need to know the actual error in the policy log (from the policies page, "View Status", form the logs page, Policy Logs) to help you troubleshoot. What you are seeing is what self service presents which isnt telling you the cause for the error, just that it erred out. End users shouldnt see the cause, just know that it failed.

Shot in the dark, you probably have a new JSS setup using the installer and you have HTTP enabled (hence the bom messages) but you dont have a symbolic link created from your casper share to the tomcat instance.

If the log says that its trying to connect to https://servername:8443/caspershare/packagename and then says something like package cant be found, thats probably it. To fix HTTP downloads, follow this KB: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=116
To force it to use AFP/SMB either do it in the policies "Override default policy settings" or go to settings>servers>(distributionpointname) edit server>HTTP and un-check "HTTP Downloads are enabled for this Distribution Point"

hope that helps