Self Service to appear in dock after enrolment

Spartanyos
New Contributor II

I am looking for the cleanest way to get self service icon to appear in the dock next to finder after completing the enrolment steps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ShaunRMiller83
Contributor III

You could always use the built in functionality of the JSS, create a policy, and add a dock item on enrollment complete trigger.

Alternatively you can capture a "standard dock" with the exact layout you via Composer and then add the plist to user template.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ShaunRMiller83
Contributor III

You can use something like [https://github.com/kcrawford/dockutil](dockutil) to do that. That way you can position the dock icon exactly were you want it.

Depending on your exact needs you could run something like the below on an enrollment complete trigger.

dockutil --add "/Applications/Self Service.app" --after 'Finder' --allhomes --no-restart

Spartanyos
New Contributor II

Thanks Shaun,

I will take that onboard but hoping there is a more native solution that doesn't require me to run a script.

ShaunRMiller83
Contributor III

You could always use the built in functionality of the JSS, create a policy, and add a dock item on enrollment complete trigger.

Alternatively you can capture a "standard dock" with the exact layout you via Composer and then add the plist to user template.