Service Now Plugin for JSS

jbestine
New Contributor III

We are looking for a way to link users within ServiceNow with inventory items in our JSS and for Windows our LanDesk servers. I'm wondering if first if anyone has done this or knows of any way to link the two. Any ideas appreciated too!

Thanks,
Jeannine

8 REPLIES 8

brianj
New Contributor

Hi Jeannine,

There is no plug-in that interfaces Casper directly with ServiceNow that I'm aware of. We do have a connection between the two using the Casper API to ServiceNow via REST. Right now we are just using the API to get purchasing info out of Casper and into ServiceNow. It seems to be working fine.

-Brian

jbestine
New Contributor III

As far as I'm aware, they are only looking for inventory information so I may just be able to give them a CSV upload, but thought I'd see if there was a plugin. I may contact you about the connection you have set up though.

thoule
Valued Contributor II

Besides using the API, if you have SCCM, that will talk to SN. So export your data to SCCM using the JSS SCCM Plugin, then sync SCCM and Service Now. The JSS SCCM plugin does have cost so talk to your account manager.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I don't know for sure, but I imagine you'd be able to provide them some data directly from the API that they can use for this.
For example, set up a saved Advanced Computer Search that uses no criteria (so it pulls all Macs). In the Display Columns section, check "on" any and all possible columns of data you need to for the report. Keep in mind that some data simply can't be included in a saved report as a column, like installed applications, package receipts, etc. As long as that's not a showstopper, you could then pull a live report from the JSS over the API that would include all Macs plus all the columns of data you selected to show, in either JSON or XML format. I'm reasonably sure someone with the know-how to parse one of those formats could use this to suck up into Service-Now or other tools. But again, I don't have direct knowledge of Service-Now APIs, so I could be wrong on that.

If a csv is easier for them to parse, then by all means go that route, but I would at least investigate the API just in case that's an easier method for them to use.

caspernew
New Contributor

Hi,

I am working on integration of ServiceNow helsinki version to Casper 9.7 version.
I am using the REST API methodology.

At service now end, it is required to have an endpoint URL present along with client credentials.

Contacted a user who is currently handling the CASPER tool. But unfortunately, he was unable to create the endpoint URL.
We could setup the advanced search as mentioned above

Can anyone please provide steps for endpoint creation and OAuth credentials as well.

roiegat
Contributor III

I know there was talk of a Service Now module being available for JSS...sorry JAMF Pro. But I worked with our Service Now folks and we utilized the Casper API and got the data in Service Now that way. Works great and we save lots of money from having to buy the module.

bvrooman
Valued Contributor

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

Anyone put this integration into production care to comment? Was it like butter?

Wondering how nice the asset inventory reporting is. We tried the SCCM plugin and was not impressed with that at all.