SFTP upload to ASM

ctktech
New Contributor II

Hello!

So Apple School Manager is about ready to send me to the psyche ward...

Since our SIS is not supported through ASM, I'm trying to upload CSV files through their SFTP site. I filled in all of the staff and student information, as well as a couple of classes that I know will be using our iPads pretty often. In the rosters CSV file, I just made one entry for one of our classes, and entered in two students into the rosters entry.

After about a minute of uploading the files to ASM, I get this message back:

**Time: 2016-08-10T19:15:06.084523
[OK] unzipped file: classes.csv.
[OK] unzipped file: courses.csv.
[OK] unzipped file: locations.csv.
[OK] unzipped file: rosters.csv.
[OK] unzipped file: staff.csv.
[OK] unzipped file: students.csv.
[OK] headers and first record.
[OK] all files provide unique primary keys within each file.
[OK] person_id values are unique across students and staff.
[ERROR] rosters.csv/class_id references an invalid classes.csv/class_id
rosters.csv L1: class_id = datetime.time(1, 0) does not reference any classes.csv class_id values

I know I put in the proper class id into the roster entry, because the class id in both the classes and roster CSV is 1A. Am I going insane, or is there something wrong I am doing?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

You'll want your class ID to be something unique, which usually means long. 1A seems pretty general. If you like, post a sanitized line from the roster and the matching line from the class.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

You'll want your class ID to be something unique, which usually means long. 1A seems pretty general. If you like, post a sanitized line from the roster and the matching line from the class.

ctktech
New Contributor II

Awesome! Got it working now!

Now I just need to clean up my ASM upload and figure out a way to add students to classes. :P

Thanks!