Showing Company Portal 2.6 not installed during AAD Registration

77Baron
New Contributor II

Has anyone been seeing this? The most recent version of Company Portal is 2.6. When I try and run AAD Join command, it won't launch Company Portal, and instead says it's not installed. Yet Company Portal is in applications and can launch by itself. If I remove the 2.6 version, then install the 2.5 version Company Portal then launches and the join completes as normal. I'm running 10.19 on my current Jamf instance.

2 REPLIES 2

chase_g
New Contributor III

Yes I ran into this issue on Friday afternoon after auto update installed 2.6 of the Company Portal app on a users computer. I found that Microsoft changed the bundleID of the Company Portal.app from com.microsoft.CompanyPortal to com.microsoft.CompanyPortalMac. After some discussion on slack and my own ticket into Jamf they said that you will need to be running Jamf Pro 10.22.x for the jamfAAD binary to be able to detect the new Company Portal.app/bundleID. If you are not on that version then you need to keep users on the 2.5 Company Portal to be able to do the registration.

77Baron
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for this info Chase. Just love when Microsoft does stuff like this.