Sierra. giving local admin user at Login Window

Not applicable

This issue is happening from last few weeks and I have no solution on this as of now.

We have had around 6 mac so far that have had issues with their User account not showing at the Login Window. These are mobile accounts (AD Users), all this mac has Filevault enabled via a policy from JSS. When we restart this mac, it will only show Local Admin User and other Mobile User accounts will only show up once we Login from Local Admin and log out local admin.

All this mobile user account (AD User) are still present in the Users & System Preference and the home folder is also available.

Please suggest on any solution

7 REPLIES 7

GUI-Joe
New Contributor

I've seen this too. Have you tried disabling FileVault? I'm pretty sure it's related to that. I realise that's not a fix but it would be good to confirm it as the cause so Apple can be alerted.

marcello_martin
New Contributor II

We have the same problem since 2 weeks. Mobile account is created and all is working fine. But if the user reboots the MAC the only account that will appears is the admin one. After the admin has been logout we can login with a different account.
We are going to test to disable Filevault to see if it will work.

marcello_martin
New Contributor II

So just tested putting Filevault of and after an reboot there was no admin account anymore in the login screen. you now can login with any user. I also tested putting filevault back on again and then again you can only login with the account that enabled filevault in our case the admin account.

Not applicable

This got resolved for me when I enable User in FileVault

beatlemike
Release Candidate Programs Tester

There is a script on here somewhere for enabling filevault for users. It looked like a pain to edit so I haven't begun using it yet.

jdye
New Contributor III

I'd still love to find a way to script this. Manually logging in to the local administrator account can be tedious on a large number of machines.

Spokeo_Office
New Contributor

Hey Y'all, I have the same issue. My user(s) have FV enabled, yet we are getting this problem that is ongoing. EndUser is on High Sierra OS so, Salim's suggestion is not a working fix for us.

Anyone know where else to look to resolve this?

Much Thanks, Ben A