Target Mode Imaging

rwwest7
New Contributor

I am using it to image some Airs. I image the first one just fine, no problems at all. I disconnect it and then plug in the next Air. It prompts for a name and then tries to mount the distro point again and of course fails because its already mounted. Is this a known bug?

I go to finder and try to eject my distro point but it won't eject. I have to restart my imaging computer between each image process, which is very annoying.

4 REPLIES 4

ewettach
New Contributor III

We are doing the same thing except we don't type in a name but rather pull it from a csv. We can do one machine, disconnect it, and plug in another machine.

We have noticed that if we want to image the same machine more than once then we have to restart the computer.

jake_snyder
New Contributor III

I'm having the same problem.

I successfully image the first computer in Target mode, but then it fails to mount the distribution point after I connect the next target drive.

Any ideas?

lance_ogletree
Contributor

I'd consider replicating the packages down to the computer performing the
imaging using Casper Admin.
Then within Casper Imaging choose the local drive for the distribution point.

You're probably not seeing the true benefits of the Thunderbolt imaging when the packages are still being pulled across your network from the Distribution Point share.

nick
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,

This is a bug that has been fixed in our next release. Look for D-002930 in the release notes for specifics.

A workaround is to use a local drive rather than a distribution point for Target Mode Imaging.

Thanks!

Nick