UIE Big Sur Help

longsincelost
New Contributor

I'm trying to perform a UIE after learning that you cannot use a QuickAdd package to enroll a Big Sur machine. I have a local user on our cloud jss and am able to enroll. However, when I open Self Service, it prompts me to approve the profile, however, my profile section is blank. When I go back to show all of System Preferences, the Profiles pane disappears. Self Service policies will not work. I've seen similar posts with the same issue, but no one ever seems to be able to correctly answer the threads.

I read somewhere that you cannot use a local Jamfcloud user account to perform a UIE, it has to be an LDAP user. Is that true?

What am I missing to be able to complete a full enrollment? Your help is greatly apprecaited.

2 REPLIES 2

mcrispin
Contributor II

You can totally use a jamf account for UIE, it does not have to be an LDAP user. You can even turn off authentication altogether.

longsincelost
New Contributor

Thanks @mcrispin - sounds good. Well, I enroll the machine, and still see nothing in the profile. We have our certs, I'm not sure what's missing here.