Unlock Wacom Tablets in System Preferences

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

I've tried any and every manner of method to unlock the System Preference for the 3rd party pane of Wacom Pro tablets. It's ranged from variations on this:

#!/bin/sh

security authorizationdb write system.preferences allow
security authorizationdb write com.wacom.settingsPrefPane allow

exit

or

#!/bin/sh

security authorizationdb write /Library/PreferencePanes/WacomTablet.prefPane allow

exit

to something like this: ```

!/bin/sh

security authorizationdb write /Library/PreferencePanes/WacomTablet.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/WacomTablet allow

exit

to pushing the MCX unlock of either: ```
<key>allow</key>
<string>com.wacom.settingsPrefPane</string>

or

<key>true</key>
<string>com.wacom.settings.PrefPane</string>

Tried both as computer and user level enforced. At this point, I'm scratching my head and wondered if others had suggestions or have gone through this before. All my tricks from the past are not working... :(

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Merkley
New Contributor III

I used this article to help me add the Wacom System Preference so it could be accessed. This adds it to the configuration profiles tab. I also had to do this for other 3rd party system preferences.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=204

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Can you clarify what you mean by "unlock"? I haven't used one in awhile now, but is the Wacom Preference Pane locked with a lock icon like some other ones (Network, Users & Groups, etc) or are you using Configuration Profiles or MCX and seeing the pane grayed out?

Merkley
New Contributor III

I used this article to help me add the Wacom System Preference so it could be accessed. This adds it to the configuration profiles tab. I also had to do this for other 3rd party system preferences.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=204

where did this article go

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

@mm2270 it's greyed out. Sorry, should have been clearer in my post. Yes, I'm trying to allow our non-admin creative types access to set up their Wacom's as they see fit.

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

@Merkley that was the trick. Thanks for that. I seem to never be able to find articles when I'm searching through the 'Nation.

steve_harman
New Contributor

What was the answer for this?. The link given is now not working. I have the same issue it's greyed out. see attached I'm trying to allow our non-admin to have access to set up their Wacom's devices.