Updated to JSS 9.1 - packages added to any policy are not saved.

Bartoo
New Contributor III

When we create a policy:
New Policy-
Under Options>General give it a name: Test
Under Options>Packages we hit the Configure button
We select a package (and we've tried several at random - packages we've deployed before) and hit Add
We select an action for that package- (we've tried Install, Cache and Install Cached) - we do not change any other of the default options (FUT, FEU, Update Autorun Data, etc.) and hit Save.

When we find that policy Test again and attempt to edit it, under Options>Packages we see that 0 packages have been configured.

edit - also, when you pick a package and an action and hit Add and go back to Options> it should have an item in the left hand well for Packages and the # of packages added to the policy - we have some old policies created before the upgrade that show this- when we make one post upgrade, after hitting add on a package, nothing shows up here..

Which is kind of a buzz-kill.

7 REPLIES 7

Periscope
New Contributor

Same issue here. This is no trivial bug. Is there a solution?

Chris_abi-najm
New Contributor II

Ditto. I just tried as well. I'm using 9.0.1, I can't upgrade to 9.1.2 until I upgrade my server to Lion.

Chris_abi-najm
New Contributor II

I upgraded my server to Mountain Lion, still can't save packages to policies.

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

like i said in a previous post I dont think version 9 have gone through acceptable UAT

Louise
New Contributor II

Hey All!

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. We have seen this behavior in certain environments. During my testing it was found in Safari browsers on 10.6.8. Have we tried using another browser? If we are seeing this in more environments, please let your account manager know so that we can clarify the issue with our dev team.

Thanks so much!

Louise

mikehonea
New Contributor

I just encountered this issue while testing of our new JAMF 9 dev environment. Per Louise's post I tried on 10.8 Safari V6.1 and the issue does not occur while using this browser.

mikehonea
New Contributor

duplicate post