I just updated Server 5 to version 5.0.15 and it made my JSS link go to the OS X Server page instead of the JSS login screen. Any ideas on how to get this back?
Thats basically what I had to do. I also had to go in and # out port 8443 in a conf file. I just didn't restart the server after doing that. After restarting the server it came back up fine.
Yup - it's a mess, and it takes some interesting Google foo to piece together what is actually going on. With Server 5.0.5 (and possibly 5.0.4) a proxy service is turned on that monitors the following ports when you turn on the Websites service in Server.app:
80, 443, 8008, 8800, 8443, 8843
I've highlighted 8443 there because that port is used by the JSS web interface. Depending on which service launches first, they will "fight" for control of that service port. Most of the time OS X Server will get apache running first before Tomcat is running for your JSS. When ever you go to one of these ports in your web browser, you will get the default OS X web page rather than Casper.
How to fix this (in my experience today):
Turn off the Websites service in Server.app.
Temporarily turn off JSS/Tomcat:
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.jamfsoftware.tomcat.plist
Backup the following file that configures the proxy service:
sudo cp /Library/Server/Web/Config/Proxy/apache_serviceproxy.conf /Library/Server/Web/Config/Proxy/apache_serviceproxy.conf.backup
Edit the file:
sudo nano /Library/Server/Web/Config/Proxy/apache_serviceproxy.conf
So that it looks like the following in the section that handles port monitoring, and comment out 8443:
listen 80 listen 443 listen 8008 listen 8800 # listen 8443 listen 8843
Save the edits. Then restart JSS/Tomcat:
sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.jamfsoftware.tomcat.plist
Then restart the Websites service. Everything should be operational at that point. I only run File Sharing, Websites, and JSS on this server, so I don't think the changes I made will affect anything on the server, but if your OS X Server is running other services besides those three, these changes may break something else, so YMMV.
Hope this helps those that have been scratching their head over this like I have today. In my case, the com.apple.serviceproxy process was continually crashing and relaunching in the OS X Console, which lead me down this path/workaround.