VPP app won't re-install after removal

Miami-YoderJT60
New Contributor

Suddenly today I have multiple apps across 40-50 devices that won't run. They just flash and close. We tried removing one of the not so often used apps, and then pushing it back out after that. This fixed the issue and the app works fine now. So I did the same thing with a very needed and used app, it removed it... then re-scoped it back to those devices... it won't install. It tries to install, then just disappears off the devices.. then a few minutes later.. does this again.. Over and over.

I have plenty of licenses (free app). Apps are brought in throw the VPP portal and then scoped out to devices.They auto install, but have tried through self service as well. I have tried all the basic stuff.. nothing will fix this we have tried here. Very frustrated as I have several classrooms needing this app working again.

The thing that's weird is that if I go to app store, I can load it that way. Works fine going around JSS. But I don't have time to do 40-50 maybe more devices right now and then need it. Thanks for any advice or help,

Todd

2 REPLIES 2

russeller
Contributor III

Do you happen to have "Automatically Update App" enabled? Try disabling that feature and see if that helps.

bcampbell
Contributor

Sounds similar to what I've seen when trying to install a new version of on app on an older iOS that doesn't support it. Self Service seems to try to install an app even through the App Store won't show it if the iOS is too old. However, it doesn't seem like that is your problem if you are able to install the exact same app directly from the App Store. Are you sure you were installing the same app and version (onto the same iOS version) when you did the App Store workaround?