Wallpaper text hard to read on iOS

cnelson
Contributor

I have a smart group setup to apply a specific wallpaper to a group of iPads and that all works great. The problem I see is that after some time, especially when a config profile gets re-pushed or changed, the text on the home page goes back to white even if the wallpaper is a white background. The only way I have found to remedy this is to resend the wallpaper. Now as you can imagine, that could end up being a big annoyance. Any thoughts? Anybody else see this?

2 REPLIES 2

cnelson
Contributor

It also does this if you set the wallpaper manually on the device to a white background. Once a config profile gets pushed out, the letter color on the homepage changes to white and thus you can't read it.

cnelson
Contributor

I found out that when you have a Home Screen layout payload applied to your iPad and then have a white background, anytime you change a setting or push out a new config profile, the text under the apps turns white. My JAMF TAM told me that this is a known issue on Apple side (Not JAMF side) but there are not enough users having this problem for it to be escalated to being fixed. So, I will not be doing white wallpapers anytime soon.