WebEx Meeting Center - Working Version?

josaxo
New Contributor

I have attempted to install the WebEx Meeting Center plugin via vendor .pkg and also tried compiling a custom package via Composer. Neither method has resulted in a working WebEx plugin. Here are some additional details:

OS X 10.7.4
Safari 5.1.7

Has anyone had success packaging/deploying/using this plugin?
Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cvgs
Contributor II

I just deployed the browser plugin to Library:Internet Plug-Ins:WebEx64.plugin. Everything else WebEx needs will be downloaded to the user's home folder on first usage.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

cvgs
Contributor II

I just deployed the browser plugin to Library:Internet Plug-Ins:WebEx64.plugin. Everything else WebEx needs will be downloaded to the user's home folder on first usage.

rsnediker
New Contributor

Has anyone found a way to look at which version of the plug-in is actually installed? The WebEx64.plugin shows version 1.0 in the Get Info window, but the actual installed version of the plugin is 27.32.5.14362 E. Any ideas?

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

It's looking like the WebEx64.plugin needs to be installed into ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins as of macOS Sierra.

When user joins a meeting, as mentioned on this thread the necessary WebEx Meeting Center stuff gets downloaded into user's home directory.

If WebEx64.plugin is installed into /Library/Internet Plug-Ins it won't properly launch WebEx Meeting Center.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

johnmcnair
New Contributor III

@donmontalvo

We tested this and installing WebEx64.plugin into /Library/Internet Plug-Ins .

On the next launch the current version of WebEx Meeting Center is downloaded to ~/Library/Application Support/WebEx Folder.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Confirmed it works in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

mistacabbage
Contributor

Installing /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/WebEx64.plugin is not working in my environment.

In Google Chrome the first time a user tries to join a meeting they get a web page that says:

Step 2 of 2: Install the Cisco Webex add-on

and then it downloads Cisco_WebEx_Add-On.dmg. We do not allow users to install software so they can't join the meeting.

From Safari I logged into webex.com with my account. I clicked on the Webex Meetings menu > Support > Downloads. I downloaded the Webex Meetings Desktop App which downloads a file name webexmc_intel.dmg. Inside that .dmg is WebEx Meeting Center.pkg. I opened that .pkg in Suspicious Package and the brainiacs install everything into /tmp/webex/ and then to quote them:

This postflight script mv the tmp install location to user home dir

Using Composer I created a new Normal Snapshot to capture everything that was getting install into the users home folder which was basically this:

~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/WebEx64.plugin

~/Library/Application Support/WebEx Folder/Add-Ons/Cisco WebEx Start.app

~/Library/Application Support/WebEx Folder/atgpcext64.bundle

~/Library/Application Support/WebEx Folder/T32_64UMC/
Theres a bunch of frameworks and files in this folder but the main one being
~/Library/Application Support/WebEx Folder/T32_64UMC/Cisco WebEx Meeting Center.app

My favorite part about all this is the folder is actually called WebEx Folder!

From Composer I did Build as DMG. I uploaded WebEx Meeting Center 32.15.10.186.dmg to the JSS. Then I created a policy and under Packages I added WebEx Meeting Center 32.15.10.186 and checked it to Install and Fill existing user home directories (FEU). This solved the issue for me.7aac346f2b7f4e4d9be02dfd9ca0432d
11c73e2c250b4b219423b6ad7c74f772
9eefbedbda7247d7a1b180c184acdea1
5847b33addfe4225afec8add6c05a55b