Will there be a config profile to skip Screen Time at login?

c_kay
New Contributor III

So when all new users (not just hte first user) log into macOS 10.15 they see the Screen Time setup page. Will there be a config profile to skip this?

8 REPLIES 8

2eleven
New Contributor

I need this as well - or at least a way to disable screen time from the command line prior to the first login. It breaks the unattended imaging process for our build fleet by stalling the first login session for the build user. We leverage autologin to accomplish that initial login which has always worked until now. :-(

Cayde-6
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I'd imagine the next version of Jamf Pro will support it

RJH
Contributor

any updates on this ?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@RJH Screen Time is definitely skippable via a PreStage Enrollment configuration in Jamf Pro 10.21.0. You'd have to look at the release notes for previous versions to see when it was added.

RJH
Contributor

thanks for the tip @sdagley .
Although some of the following posts made reference to DEP/pre-stage enrollment, to the original posters requirements, I am looking to be able to block the Screen-Time setup when ANY user logs on, not just at first install/setup of a mac device. In my case its for Mojave to Catalina MacOS upgrades. After the upgrade takes place at first logon for all users the Screen Time setup appears, which for the corporate users, I want to eliminate. Its not a personal or home device and they have no need for this sort of functionality. Anyone have similar requirements and possible solutions ?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@RJH So you want to be able to create a Configuration Profile to deploy to already configured Macs in your environment. ProfileCreator supports generating a ConfigurationProfile with Setup Assistant restriction, and it includes support for skipping Screen Time. You can build your profile in ProfileCreator, and then upload it to Jamf Pro for distribution.

hdschiwakik
New Contributor

Looks like Apple is building support to skip setup assistant for upgrades in Big Sur. Wonder if this will also apply to new logins and not just the initial login after upgrade.
According to this article:

Setup Assistant Skip Screens for Upgrades, Too Apple Business Manager (ABM) and Apple School Manager (ASM) have long supported skipping setup assistant screens during device enrollment. Moving forward, MDM administrators will be able to configure screens to skip during OS upgrades as well.

chafe
New Contributor III

Was there any update to this?