auto-lock time on shared ipads

mago
New Contributor

Is there a way to let the user change the auto-lock time on shared iPads? This topic is already discussed and solved for jamf pro using remote commands. But is there a similar way for jamf school?  It seems to be possible in profiles using the passcode settings but this does not work for shared iPads. 

7 REPLIES 7

dletkeman
Contributor

I am also interested in this.  We are having a lot of users frustrated by Shared iPads locking too quickly in Jamf School.  I'm unsure how to resolve this as the auto lock setting is missing in Shared iPads.  I have just submitted a support ticket about this and will give feedback if I hear any solution on this.

dletkeman
Contributor

@magoDid you happen to find a solution to this?  I reached out to Jamf School support but haven't found any solutions as of yet.

dletkeman
Contributor

I just got a reply back from Jamf School support.

This feature isn't available at this time.

This is their response:

Unfortunately, the equivalent command referenced in that post to manually set the Passcode Grace Period in Jamf Pro isn't available in Jamf School currently. We're still able to set a maximum grace period that a user may set on the device itself within a Profile with the Passcode payload. Also of note, if changing the passcode isn't restricted in a Passcode payload, they will be able to change it, even if a command were to be sent to the device, as a profile can only simply give it a maximum option to the user, and/or restrict making changes to the passcode altogether.

This definitely sounds like worth submitting as a feature request, which can be done at https://ideas.jamf.com/ .

mago
New Contributor

Many thanks for your help! I didn't find a solution so far. The only idea I have, is to re-enroll all the devices and reset them to a non-shared iPad. Then the passcode payload should work. This helps in my case but isn't a solution for the problem.

dletkeman
Contributor

Created Feature Request at https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-25592

mago
New Contributor

Thank you! Would be great if this feature could be added to Jamf School.

Make sure to upvote the feature request.