Error "Jamf Pro Startup Suspended"

Durgule
New Contributor II

one of our server we installed the 10.21 and it was working fine but we downgrade that to 10.10.1 it get failed and we did this for test case to raise change when I downgrade its failed to communicate with URL after that I directly moved to 10.13 again it failed after that I have moved to 10.14 it failed now I have agin installed the 10.21 but still I am getting this error.now how i can fix this or how i can revert this with 10.21 ?

6 REPLIES 6

iJake
Valued Contributor

You need to call jamf support. You can’t downgrade versions without restoring the database as the different versions make changes to the schema. Do you have a backup of your database from before you did the initial update?

Durgule
New Contributor II

@ iJake yes I have and I tried with that but still it is showing the same now it is only working with 10.10.1 after for any version for example 10.13 & 10.14 it is showing "Jamf Pro Startup Suspended"

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Durgule As @iJake asks, do you have a backup of your MySQL database from before you 1st installed JSS 10.21? You really should restore it along with the version of the JSS you started with, then consult the Installing Java and MySQL for Jamf Pro 10.14.0 or Later document on the Java requirements for different JSS versions. In short, JSS 10.13.0 and earlier require Java 8, while JSS 10.14.0 and later require Java 11.

You also need to look at the Incremental Upgrade Scenarios for Jamf Pro 10.0.0 or Later guide as you cannot upgrade directly from JSS 10.10.x to 10.21

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Did you blow away the database before restoring? If not, there will be tables from the 10.21 JSS that didn't exist in the older versions, and those can interfere with startup.

I ran into this issue with a rolled-back upgrade when I tried to upgrade again. The JSS was trying to convert a table during startup, but that table already existed from the prior failed upgrade attempt, and I had to drop it so the upgrade could proceed. The JSS log should have better error messages that can help.

Durgule
New Contributor II

after restore the old data getting this error "Database Connection Error"

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

@Durgule You should call Jamf Support. They can walk you through the troubleshooting process.