Changing Azure Email address with Jamf Connect Login

juz
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm searching for a solution to an issue I'm facing with the JAMF Connect Login Process when changing the primary email address.

Our identity provider is Azure. If we attempt to change a users primary address from eg.(john@company.com) to something else like (john.jones@company.com) and make (john@company.com) an alias for this account, Jamf Connect login will make a new account for this user as the new primary address does not correspond to the account previously created.

Is there a way for this user to keep the same account while undergoing a primary address change?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

juz
New Contributor II

This ended up working for me,

dscl . delete /Users/$user dsAttrTypeStandard:NetworkUser
dscl . delete /Users/$user dsAttrTypeStandard:OIDCProvider
dscl . delete /Users/$user dsAttrTypeStandard:OktaUser
dscl . delete /Users/$user dsAttrTypeStandard:AzureUser

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

MacOS has no idea what JAMF Connect is doing, macOS just sees a userID and creds getting fed to it. If the userID does not match an existing userID on the device, macOS is told to create a new account. Honestly, I don't think there is a solution to your situation beyond scripting migrating the users files to the new profile.

bwoods
Valued Contributor

I think you can just uninstall jamf connect > deploy a profile with migration enabled > reinstall jamf connect. The next time the user attempts to log in, jamf connect login will ask you to migrate one of the local accounts. You may also need to remove any jamf connect keychains on the system as well. (Just use the uninstaller.app) This is all in theory though.

bwoods
Valued Contributor

bwoods_0-1682520864911.png

juz
New Contributor II

This ended up working for me,

dscl . delete /Users/$user dsAttrTypeStandard:NetworkUser
dscl . delete /Users/$user dsAttrTypeStandard:OIDCProvider
dscl . delete /Users/$user dsAttrTypeStandard:OktaUser
dscl . delete /Users/$user dsAttrTypeStandard:AzureUser

alexac
New Contributor

I'm running into a similar issue while testing UPN changes. Did you have to run those commands on the old account and then have the user sign back in through the Jamf connect login window for the migration options to show?

juz
New Contributor II

correct