Jamf Connect and using Island Browser

oldschooljdm
New Contributor

Hello all, 

My company has transitioned away from Chrome and now use the Island app as the main corporate managed browser. Island is a Chromium based browser that we have more control over. Our Jamf Connect is configured to use Chrome and we can only change it to Safari. Does anyone know how we can make it accept this new browser or if that is even possible?

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

It would be set in the BrowserSelection keypair in com.jamf.connect. I have never tried to change it beyond Safari and Chrome. You may be able to just plug in the browsers name and see what happens, though Jamfs documentation only mentions that Firefox, Safari, and Chrome are supported. Keep in mind, when you move away from common utilities and applications, your 3rd party support and documentation pretty much evaporates. 

<key>BrowserSelection</key>
      <string>Google Chrome</string>

Menu Bar App Settings - Jamf Connect Documentation 2.32.0 | Jamf

Thank you for the response. We have tried to modify this in the xml config but it looks like Jamf Connect only recognizes known common browsers. If we changed the string to Island Browser or Island, it will just revert to Safari. 

tad_island
New Contributor

There's an open feature request to add Island to the list of browsers for Jamf Connect: https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-27890