admin credentials not being accepted when a standard user is logged in

cgeorge
New Contributor III

I'm starting to see issues where a computer with a standard user is logged in, and when an authorization window pops up, like when you're changing system settings or authorizing an install, the computer will not accept the admin username and password. If I log into the same computer as the admin, it accepts the password without issue. I created a second admin account, and it is having the same issue when a standard user is logged in. I've checked to make sure the admin accounts have a securetoken granted, and they do.

Has anyone else ran into this problem and found a fix?

2 REPLIES 2

A_Collins
New Contributor III

If second admin account did not have the same issue I would say filevault password of admin account may be out of sync, if both accounts having the same issue most likely there is a problem in authentication. are you seeing the issue on multiple computers or only one?

cgeorge
New Contributor III
Both admin accounts (the MDM one, and the test one I created) are having the problem. We’re seeing it on multiple computers, but it’s also seemingly at random in one of our labs. It’s not an all or nothing thing though.