Better Progress Bar Self Service

Wgphoto
New Contributor III

I find the progress... circle(?) doesn't give users much feedback as to where a self service policy is at in terms of completion, other than just waiting for it to stop and a quick done over the button. It would be great if the policies could have an actual progress bar, even if it's not super precise. Would anyone else find this useful?

3 REPLIES 3

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

It used to be a regular progress bar back in the day. That was a different version of Self Service with a different UI. I generally like the Self Service redesign that happened a couple of years ago, but I also find the circular progress bar a bit lacking. I wouldn't mind it if it was more accurate, but I think it attempts to show progress for each stage of a policy, which could be anywhere from 1 to many steps, depending on how the policy is set up, so it ends up being a bit confusing.

I may be wrong, but there is probably some existing feature request / idea out there for having a more accurate progress indicator.

Ryy
New Contributor II

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Sure, IBM Notifier, SwiftDialog. Both great dialog tools for showing a progress bar, among other things. But that's not really what's being asked for here. It's not easy to build out a script for every Self Service policy that would use these tools, and they aren't going to be built into the Self Service UI. They would be separate windows popping up over the Self Service window.