Can't sign into OneDrive on fresh deployed Macs Sonoma 14.4.1

tsawyer
New Contributor II

Hey so we use Jamf to deploy our Macs and recently whether it's a new Mac or one that's been wiped, we're unable to open and start OneDrive. Tried everything from uninstalling and installing from O365, installing from the microsoft page and so on. When running Onedrive I get an error saying Onedrive Couldn't Start, a system component is preventing OneDrive from starting. If I quit from Onedrive and try to start it again the error become We couldn't find the location of your onedrive folder, and the cycle repeats itself. Only thing I can find on the internet is involving Files on Demand.image (1).pngimage (2).pngimage.png

11 REPLIES 11

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Odds are if the issue is in macOS, you will need to dig through your console logs to see what exactly is going on. If it's easier, you can perform process of elimination. Start with a blank device, manually install one drive and see what happens; then start installing one configuration and application at a time to see what is breaking it.

I would consider opening a case with Microsoft over this.

pete_c
Contributor III

If you are deploying a profile to enable folder access (PPPC) for OneDrive, try revoking/removing it, reset the Mac’s TCC database, then open OneDrive.

Newman_is
New Contributor

i am having the same issue at my job.  We use OneDrive and get the same error.  on a fresh mac one drive works the minute we add Jamf One drive stops working.  i tried going through configuration profile and excluding my tester from each profile one by one but was not able to discover the cause.  

tsawyer
New Contributor II

It’s weird because it seems to be a hit or miss. I noticed if I deploy it at home it works. But again because replicating it isn’t so consistent it’s hard to check. I might have to exclude each configuration to see what may be the issue

Newman_is
New Contributor

Image 5-9-24 at 11.01 AM.jpg

@AJPinto i shared my console logs of what I see when i try to open OneDrive and sign in.  I only get this when OneDrive error of OneDrive couldn't load.  

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Try grabbing a copy of the package from here macadmins.software. The MS guy who manages this site has been OOO for a few months, but the packages are still the current versions even if the site text says otherwise. 

thanks but that did not work.  Still getting one drive could not start.  Spoke with Jamf support team and the engineer's are reviewing the case now.   

tsawyer
New Contributor II

Let me know what the engineers say, or maybe I should open up a case with them too

I would recommend that because between our 2 cases they are unaware of this issue which is very odd.   

got great news this issue is a Apple issue with Sonoma 14.4.1 they just came out with Sonoma 14.5 and i been able to have my users sign in to OneDrive.  So basically have your users update their computers to the newest version 14.5 and they should be able to sign in.     

-Cloud
New Contributor II

Can confirm this worked for me too!!!  Thank you for providing this update 

Was going crazy with this issue for our users, especially with the new Macs we ordered and this issue randomly started 

I’m curious to know what was the culprit as I was pulling my hair out (as some of yous probably did too lol) and was it JAMF or Apple resolved this or both?