Jamf Solution for Single User (me!)

danoakley
New Contributor

Hey everyone!

I have a bit of a non standard request...

Basically I would like to limit my own personal mac computer and I am seeking have admin privileges whilst preventing my self from changing user settings (adding/editing/deleting accounts) or altering network settings. Ie I would like an admin account with the network preferences and user pane disabled in system preferences - or some variant of this where I can access these settings but can't modify them etc.

Currently I'm getting around this by using blocking software to block all of system preferences and modifying the settings as needed using passwords given to family members but I'm sure you can see that this is super frustrating at times!

Is this possible with any Jamf products? I found it a bit overwhelming scrolling through all of the offerings and as such I'm asking here. I'm more than happy to pay for the product I'd just like to know which one if any would best suit my needs. Please let me know any other potential solutions too.

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Have a Have a look in the Configuration Profiles area

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 4.29.56 pm.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Have a Have a look in the Configuration Profiles area

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 4.29.56 pm.png

That looks perfect @dlondon! Unfortunately, I believe that's in Jamf Pro which isn't available for a single user... Jamf Now doesn't have this functionality.

Do you know if it's available in any other Jamf products?

Nevermind, I was looking at the Jamf Business Plan which has a 25 user minimum. Looks like Jamf Pro can be configured as needed per device. Cheers!

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Yes - you can scope things in many, many ways.  In your case I guess it would be on a particular computer