Manage Opera browser

shrisivakumaran
New Contributor III

Is there anyway to manage Opera browser? I searched in Opera not able to find mcx/configuration profile.

Shri Sivakumaran
4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I am not seeing anything in Opera's documentation for enterprise management or deployment. Ultimately it is up to the application manufacture to make a managed preference domain and key pairs to manage settings. I would suggest reaching out to Opera's support or use a more enterprise friendly browser like FireFox, Chrome or Edge.

shrisivakumaran
New Contributor III

Thanks @AJPinto, due to business needs we need to use Opera. so looking for it.

Shri Sivakumaran

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Your business needs do not mean the function exists. My advice is to reach out to Opera Support, what they say is the final answer.

Ultimately, it's up to the application manufacturer to create a preference domain and keypairs to manage their application. Opera simply does not support Policy Management (Configuration Profiles), despite being chromium-based Opera elected to not support googles Policy Management structure for Windows or macOS.

The bundleID for Opera would be com.operasoftware.Opera, and the keypairs should be similar to Chrome or Edge but they won't work. However, feel free to knock yourself out.

shrisivakumaran
New Contributor III

Thanks @AJPinto , I will reach out Opera support and also try with above bundleID

Shri Sivakumaran