Managed Apple ID's - Federated with Azure AD

Jacek_ADC
Contributor

Hi

I just started or like to start with the managed apple id's which should be created via our azure application (apple business manager)

Everything looks fine for me when comparing all guides (Apple, Microsoft)

The app creation went fine. 
I like to add the users via a group in Azure. The group is scoped and i added 3 users to test. 

Checking the provisioning logs says, the user were provisioned and it looks like ok for me.

But the provisioned users are not in apple business manager and the apple id's for the users are not working.

What i am missing? Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

jcarr
Release Candidate Programs Tester

There are two pieces to this puzzle, from what you wrote, it sounds like you have Federation set up, but perhaps not directory sync?  Federation allows user to sign into iCloud services on an Apple Device using their Azure credentials.  With only Federation set up, Managed Apple IDs for your Azure users would only show in Apple Business Manager *after* they have signed into an Apple device using their Azure credentials.

With Directory Sync enabled, those Managed Apple IDs would be provisioned and listed in Apple Business Manager without requiring the user to sign into an Apple device first.  This would allow you to change roles, or in the case of Apple School Manager, add students and instructors to a class, etc.

I hope this helps.

Jacek_ADC
Contributor

Hi jcarr

THX for answering. 

I was not able to add my screenshots yesterday directly to the post. 

I have enabled both of them. Don't know why but now its possible :)

SCR-20231009-oltp.pngSCR-20231009-olnl.pngSCR-20231009-olji.pngSCR-20231009-okvb.png

@Admins can you just move this thread to another location. I think i just chosen not correctly after reading some other posts.