No Virtual Attendance Option for JNUC 2024 - Edited/Updated

jbutler47
Contributor II

Heard today that there is no option for Virtual Attendance at JNUC 2024.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 02/15/24 - It appears that recorded sessions will be made available in November. Information regarding this was buried in the FAQ for the event.  Still a bummer though. 

The original message below may be ignored. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This development saddens me, and I'm sure it will make others sad as well. Charge us more to attend virtually if you must to make things happen this year. Many customers cannot attend live for whatever reason. Some may not be able to get hotel rooms to make the stay, others may not be able to break away from work. Having the virtual option keeps us all in the loop, without it, it is like being on the outside of a movie theater during a major summer release.  

Don't shut out your customers Jamf. Be more inclusive than exclusive, get a virtual option in play for the rest of us. 

Let your voice be heard if you too are disappointed to hear this, reply to this post.

Let's enact change now!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AntMac
Contributor

They have stated that Keynote will be available for virtual. 
All other content will be available from the content portal after the fact.
So, kind of in line with previous years where the content is available after JNUC for virtual attendees and then moved to Youtube later in the year. Just means virtual have to wait a bit longer to see access the content. ie November versus October. No mention of a fee from what I've seen. 

This is per registration page FAQ
"We will be providing access to the livestream of our opening keynote only. All other sessions will be available to watch on-demand in November 2024. CLICK HERE to sign-up to be notified when sessions are available to watch on-demand."  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I gave up on JNUC when they went to full price for virtual attendance a last year or the year before. Jamf is clearly disconnected with what Mobile means in Mobile Device Management. I have 0 interest in going anywhere for some conference. 

mschlosser
Contributor

i too would be very saddened if this was the case. virtual attendance is critical in today's world. i also have zero interest in traveling, but could get my employer to pay for virtual, I have enjoyed junco in the past and will miss attending. I am often physical unable to travel; even if i'd like too.

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Is this confirmed? Surprised, if so.

This would push away some loyal Jamf customers who just want to stay engaged and pulled along with the rest of the community through virtual means.

AntMac
Contributor

They have stated that Keynote will be available for virtual. 
All other content will be available from the content portal after the fact.
So, kind of in line with previous years where the content is available after JNUC for virtual attendees and then moved to Youtube later in the year. Just means virtual have to wait a bit longer to see access the content. ie November versus October. No mention of a fee from what I've seen. 

This is per registration page FAQ
"We will be providing access to the livestream of our opening keynote only. All other sessions will be available to watch on-demand in November 2024. CLICK HERE to sign-up to be notified when sessions are available to watch on-demand."  

foobarfoo
Contributor

Not to be too negative, but attending something that is mostly a marketing event and pay more than for a fairly luxourious vacation seems quite... low-priority. I'm assuming that JNUC mostly appeals to the crowd that has a big "R&D/educational" budget and has enough slack to spend time at marketing events. This means that the content is watered down to that crowd, which makes it less appealing for us who are more hard-core techs connected to real-world business challenges that have a basis in technical challenges. Usually we don't have the time or the funds to prioritize this. On top of that I rarely attend such events even if they were free as they are too dragged out, too much effort and too costly for our business. Main selling point would see Mischa and Matteo present some of their most refined hacks - but that's just a smaller part of such an event. :)

danlaw777
Contributor III

ok, so no virtual JNUC, but everything will be available after the fact, and free on youtube. So while you may not be able to see anything live except the keynote, you will be able to see everything. I dont think thats a bad deal at all.