SecureWorks Taegis XDR

FastGM3
Contributor

Hi,

We're in the process of deploying Taegis XDR from SecureWorks to our Macs.  Unfortunately like most XDR's it's a mess.  Has anyone used Jamf to deploy Taegis.

Beside the privacy settings, one of the issues we have is automating the registration process.  SecureWorks provides a .mobileconfig profile for inTunes but not Jamf.  I tried using it anyways but it didn't work. 

Are there differences in an InTune mobileconfig and a Jamf mobileconfig?  I thought a mobileconfig file or plist would be the same no matter the MDM.

TIA,

Chuck

3 REPLIES 3

Narmijarv
New Contributor II

Hi

I have managed to deploy SecureWorks Taegis XDR to Mac´s with Jamf Pro. Following this guide 

https://support.ctpx.secureworks.com/hc/en-us/articles/16514732731931-How-To-Deploy-Taegis-Agent-for...

The guide is written for Workspace ONE. But the difference between Workspace ONE and Jamf Pro is not that big.

n-sangsasitorn
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Narmijarv @FastGM3 

I have similar problems going on.

I tried to distribute settings written in their manual through configuration profile but it is not successfully installed silently. Still need to input product key and allow system extension and privacy manually.

If you deployed through Jamf successfully, would you mind sharing the settings you deployed to Jamf Pro?

Thank you so much.

Narmijarv
New Contributor II

As in the link above in step 11, you need to download he Taegis Agent supporting configuration files, and unzip to locate multiple mobileconfig files which are used for registering your workstations and configuring your agent.

The file scwx-config.mobileconfig, contains your registration information.
Open scwx-config.mobileconfig in a text editor 

Input your Registration Server and Registration Key in the ServerName and RegistrationKey fields where indicated and save the document.

Example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ServerName</key>
<string> " input here "</string>
<key>RegistrationKey</key>
<string> "input here" </string>
</dict>
</plist>

Then create Configuration Profile -> Application & Custom Settings ->Upload in Jamf Pro