Can connect to any WIFI network!

Charleslcso
New Contributor

Hello

i am new to JAMF. Since iOS ScreenTime is a piece of crap, I’m looking for alternatives. 

installed JAMF profile in an iPhone running 12.5.7 for testing. Set up Blueprint. Configured 1 WIFI network. The device is using the blueprint. 

this iPhone can connect to the WIFI network without problem. 

Brought the iPhone outside and do some testing. It can still connect to public WIFI networks!

what’s up with this?

1 REPLY 1

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

First and foremost, you need to update iOS. iOS 12 is 5 years old. It did receive some security updates in Jan 2023, but anything patched since with iOS 16/17 is still vulnerable in iOS 12. I would not be spending time testing anything on iOS 12 in 2023/2024.

Screen time is not a management solution. Screen Time is a tool that monitors and reports on your usage with some hooks to parental controls. I would not call Screen Time crap if it's not designed to do what you are wanting to do. I personally don't find Screen Time very useful, but I would not call it crap. Use the right tool for the job, or have a bad time.

what’s up with this?

In any event. To answer your question, I am going to wager you don't have the blueprint setup correctly. The device needs to be supervised, and you use the Wi-Fi Safest payload. On a supervised device, with this payload deployed in a Blueprint, it will restrict the WiFi networks to only MDM configured networks. 

AJPinto_0-1702302293368.png