Jamf Now: Jamf Protect Dashboard?

Themacsurgeon
New Contributor II

We manage 5 devices for our small business via Jamf Now. All of the devices are supervised and have no issues. 

We went into our Blueprint > Security and enabled the Jamf Protect function. I can see Jamf Connect is running in settings of all of the targets devices. 

My question is there a dashboard via Jamf Protect for me to view the state of these devices or am I stuck subscribing to Jamf Protect in order to get a dashboard view of all the devices and their security status? 

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1

Joshua1
New Contributor

As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Jamf Protect and Jamf Now are two distinct solutions offered by Jamf for Apple device management and security. Jamf Now primarily focuses on mobile device management (MDM) and basic device security, while Jamf Protect is more focused on advanced threat detection and response capabilities for macOS.

Here's a general overview of the two solutions:

1. Jamf Now: Jamf Now is a simplified MDM solution designed for small and medium-sized businesses. It allows you to manage and secure iOS and macOS devices, including deploying apps, enforcing security policies, and performing remote device actions. It provides basic security features but may not offer advanced threat detection and in-depth security analytics.

2. Jamf Protect: Jamf Protect is a more advanced macOS security solution that offers features such as real-time threat detection, endpoint protection, and security analytics specifically for macOS devices. It's designed to enhance the security posture of macOS devices and provides detailed insights into security events and potential threats.

To answer your question, as of my last update, Jamf Protect has its own dashboard for monitoring the security status of macOS devices that have it installed. This dashboard provides insights into security events, alerts, and device compliance.

If you've enabled Jamf Protect on your devices and want to access the security status and alerts, you should typically log in to the Jamf Protect dashboard. However, the availability and features of these dashboards may have evolved since my last update.

To get the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the features and capabilities of Jamf Protect and whether a separate subscription or access to the Jamf Protect dashboard is required, I recommend reaching out to Jamf's official support or sales team. They can provide you with the latest information and guidance based on your specific needs and licensing.