Any Munki users here?

Asnyder
Contributor III

I use munki at one of my sites (isn't worth using the licenses for jamf on these particular computers) and my updates won't run. Some of the computer have everything that is supposed to be installed. When checking the managed software center it has 5-13 updates. I go to update and everything seems to go fine. I check for updates again and it has the same software that needs updated/installed. It downloads the packages and places them in /Library/Managed Installs/cache/ but never actually installs them.

Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

usually you can find a clue to the issue if you run

/usr/local/munki/managedsoftwareupdate -vv

L
might also want to try the munki channel in macadmins slack and/or munki google group, but after you run the above command ( I'm sure someone will ask for the output)

Asnyder
Contributor III

I did run that but the only error I got was a 404 with it not finding the icon for the package.

I did some more research and posted on the google group and posted the following:

Hello,

I come from a casper environment but one of our sites uses munki. I'm pretty new to munki and it was setup by my predecessor.

The issue is when I imaged computers it looks like some of the packages didn't install. No big deal I'll just check for updates with the software center.

I click check for updates and it finds 5-13 packages that need installed. I click update and it either sits and does nothing, or "finishes" quickly, but only downloads the packages to /Library/Managed Installs/cache" and doesn't install them. I haven't changed anything that my predecessor did other than use autopkg to update a few of the paackages. i.e. chrome from version 30 to version 60.

One of the errors I find is ""hdiutil attach failed - Operation timed out" While mounting". But I can manually mount the dmg and install the software.

If I look at the "Install.log" on one of the computers is shows the following errors: Flash, Shockwave error return code 1. Google Chrome failed with error return code -1.

Any help would be appreciated.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@Asnyder come over to the macadmins.org Slack, there's a #munki channel in there.