Anyone else with issues Casper installed on Windows servers

CapU
Contributor III

Good Morning (west coast time)

We have our jss and file share on 2 windows servers. As far as I know nothing has changed however sometimes the apps cannot communicate with the server. The server is up and runninged58aedf086747478153ec35bf510a47 when I connect via RDP. When I reboot the server all is good for another day or so.
What service am I looking for that is possibly failing on the jss?

Thanks

M

6 REPLIES 6

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

Make sure the Apache Tomcat service is running. You might also look into which ciphers you're supporting.
Ciphers Link

Windows is officially supported by Jamf so reach out to your account manager for support.

JesseNCSD
New Contributor III

I have not been impacted with this issue on a 2008 R2 server and Casper 9.82

thoule
Valued Contributor II

Tomcat was crashing for me once every couple weeks or so under Windows (since the 9.8 updates). My TAM helped me adjust memory settings and java options. Now it's good for about 4 months without going down. Not as good as my old linux box, but still usable...

TL;DR - Call your TAM

scottb
Honored Contributor

Windows 2008 R2 here as well and no issues really. Upgraded from 9.72 two weeks back. So far, stable.

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

Server 2012 R2 with all Windows DP's. Haven't had any real issues aside from an upgrade on our DMZ instance, but that was more lively a Java related thing.

Aziz
Valued Contributor

Server 2012 R2 with Windows DP's as well. We're fine.

Did you update Java recently? Is Apache looking at the correct Java path??