Anyone seen this pop-up after login before?

metalfoot77
Contributor II

Started yesterday on only certain machines. Doesn't seem to be causing issues when clicked off. Cannot find anything reasonable in logs about what it is attributed to.

32befa21cea14b1ba66d7e2d92df37c9

9 REPLIES 9

tomt
Valued Contributor

We are seeing this popping up constantly on a 10.13.6 machine (build 17G5019) and have a call from another user that sounds like it might be similar.

Garci4
New Contributor III

jamf's new restricted software ui

https://macadmins.slack.com/archives/C19MR7EM9/p1564858232221600?thread_ts=1564847604.216900&cid=C19MR7EM9

metalfoot77
Contributor II

Thanks @Garci4, much appreciated!

tomt
Valued Contributor

In our case it appears to be a restriction we have for Siri.

vincent_bonnin
New Contributor II

Our computers are all in Mojave and this popup was driving me crazy since this morning, thanks for the information @Garci4 .

It was our Chrome update restriction.

Too bad jamf let this kind of bug pass to release...

tomt
Valued Contributor

I've read on Slack that the fix is in Jamf 10.15 and they couldn't get it ready in time for 10.14. This is a show-stopping issue for users and Jamf should NEVER have allowed the "blank box" bug to ship!

sunnysmbshare
New Contributor

i'm not a slack user, and can't read what's posted there. is the work-around to not have any software restrictions?

vincent_bonnin
New Contributor II

@lkowitzbmi There isn't a lot more information on slack than here. About your question, I guess it depends the kind of software restriction you are applying.

In our case, we changed the Chrome plist with a config profile to disable its software updates instead of using a restriction policy. If you want to prevent the launch of a given application, I don't think a regular policy would work well.

You might have to write and deploy a local LaunchAgent or LaunchDaemon running a script that permanently blocks a given app. Not so simple in other words. Maybe someone else here might propose a simpler way to do that ?

althea
Contributor