Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Mavericks Server + NetBoot = Nightmare

I have an open call with Apple Support as well as a thread on their forums with no real responses, so I thought I would post this here: Since migrating our NetBoot servers to Mavericks. NetBooting has become flaky and recently almost always fails. Ty...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 7 and Exchange Active Sync via MDM Profile

Hey guys We have recently deployed our fleet of iOS 7 iPads and have come across an issue with Exchange Active Sync via MDM. It seems to keep asking for the password every now and then, we can put the password in and it will accept it, but after a fe...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cancelling Upload or indexing process.

Annoying not having the ability to cancel uploading or indexing process.I had to force quit Casper Admin last week while uploading a small package that hang casper admin to respond to anything. After I relaunched the casper admin and tried to upload ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX User based settings

I have an MCX for System Preference Panes setup as User-level enforced, with the scope set to a group of computers with an exception for the admin user. The problem is that the MCX is applying to all users rather than all but. I also tried setting a ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad prompts for AppleID password

We have implemented a one-to-one iPad rollout where we have up to 125 iPads in a grade using the same school controlled AppleID. For each grade, we use a different AppleID, but the same across the whole level. We have run into situations (particularl...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package could not be found on the server

I'm trying to get the MS Office 2011 update 14.3.9 package to deploy. I downloaded it and tested it, it runs fine. I upload it through Admin, removing spaces, renaming per our convention, etc, and then push it - and it fails: /usr/sbin/jamf is versio...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobility profiles... how do I define a destination disk?

Hello, I should preface by saying everything I know about Mac Administration I've learned in the past 5 days, and I should probably mention this is an Active Directory integration. Our users reside in a server 2008 R2 active directory domain with a s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flip4Mac Player vs Pro

Okay...So we deploy the Flip Player to all our users, but we have a select number that have the Pro version. I am trying to package it, but have a question on the Application Licensing side...anyone have a License setup in the JSS for Flip4Mac? I'm w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Latest PHP version supported

Hello I was wondering what the latest PHP version supported was for the NetbootSUS appliance and how to upgrade. We tried apt-get update apt-get upgrade to no avail. Still have 5.3.10 on the box.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing Language Preference

Hello All I am new to JSS and was wondering if there is a simple way to change the language preference? What is the best way to push the policy? Basically we want to enforce french OS on some maverick computers. thanksFD  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

New JAMF roll out, multiple issues

Hi all, I'm looking for any tips at all on setting up mobility with AD integration. I'm seeing log-in times upwards of 2 minutes on machines. I've looked around for a "best practices" on setting up mobility with AD integration but I haven't found muc...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keynote 6 Themes Folder

hi guys, for keynote 5.x we had a policy which published every week the newest company-theme. now with keynote 6 i have several problems with that. the folder seems to be changed. it's not anymore the folder /Users/username/Library/Application Suppor...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finder Sidebar Preferences in 10.9

Hi, We're new to Casper, so we might be making an obvious mistake, but we are having trouble setting Finder sidebar preferences for our users. We have a trolley of MacBook Pros that our students log into with AD accounts (not mobile accounts). The st...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart groups - comparing attributes

Hi there, I'm wondering if there's a way to create a smart group that compares 2 attributes. For example, I want to ask if "Asset Tag" "is not like" "Computer Name". The reason I ask is that our computer names are based on our asset tag - so for exam...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Black screen on reboot after 10.9.2 upgrade

We're seeing a very rare issue with some systems where they get a black screen on boot after upgrading to 10.9.2. We've tracked it down to something related to color profiles, which itself seems to be stored in the user's ByHost files. Has anyone run...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FIleVault 2 and no SSO

Has anyone had to address a requirement that a username and password used to unlock a FileVault2 protected drive be different than the AD credentials at login window? Preferably a username and password is required rather than the icon(s) with usernam...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create a package that puts a file on the desktop

I really thought this would be easy, and i'm probably doing something wrong. I'm trying to deliver a image file (for usb boot sticks for my techs) to the desktop via Self Service. So they select my policy 'Download USB Image' from Self Service and th...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unmapping and Mapping a printer

I feel silly. JSS 9.2, trying to create a self-service script that unmaps and remaps printers I go to the Printers payload and add two new printer items for each printer I want to unmap and set the drop down to "unmap." I then add two new printers it...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Help (Networksetup MediaOpt) Case or If Statement

Hey guys and gals we have a 100basetx Full-Duplex setup here and cannot leave the adapters on automatic. I concocted a pretty amateur script full of if statements; it works but I am sure someone can help me clean it up with a case statement or someth...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Desktop picture on an smb share?

Our library lab likes to use the desktop picture as a means to advertise upcoming events. The Windows computers are set to look to a network share, to which the library staff have write access. That way, the staff just drops the image in the folder, ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

CORS Error with API and Javascript/jquery

This past year we implemented a 1:1 laptop program in 12 schools with close to 7,000 laptops. We are now in the process of planning the checkin process and I would like to update/store some data in the JSS as part of this. I have built a site using o...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS and Adobe InDesign CS6

Hey all, Recently, I took over the primary administrative role for JSS/Casper Admin. I am having my first bout with Adobe products. Let me tell you...it is not fun. EDIT: I suppose I should mention more information. I am running Casper 8.73. I used A...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems Uploading Login Page Icon

Running JSS 9.24I wanted to customize the enrollment icon so I downloaded the DefaultEnrollmentLogin.png edited it with our logo on the screen and then saved it as a .png.... The file size grew from 19KBs to 133KBs. There isn't a restriction on file ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors