Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Casper Encryption configuration and fusion drives

Has anyone tried to enable FV2 on a fusion drive using casper? We've got a self-service policy that deploys our encryption configuration from the JSS, and it's working fine on all of our systems except for a machine that's got a fusion drive. The pol...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox or Safari?

I am sick and tired of Firefox and their weekly updates and supporting/testing it every time they make a change. Also Firefox Adobe plugin is always a problem because it doesn't exist most of the time. Currently my users have Firefox and Safari but i...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMB Printers 10.8, Prompt for Authentication

Hey Guys, We have a product called Uniflow. To add a printer on a Mac if we add the printer by searching for the printer by bonjour it adds the correct printer smb://uniflow/Printername however it prompts for authentication before printing So we get ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging and Recovery Partition

I just imaged a Mac with Casper Imaging that already had Lion on it and when the Mac rebooted the recovery partition was located on the desktop. How can I hide the recovery portion? Also, the next time I image a Mac with Casper Imaging is there away ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 and Policy Scope

We are about to make a major push into encrypting our Macs with FileVault 2, starting with 10.8.x devices and moving down to 10.7. I've followed the whitepaper on Administering FileVault 2 on Mountain Lion and have it working OK in the lab, but I did...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Booting to the recovery partition

I followed scenario 3 here https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=173 And while most functions seem to work, file vault will enable for instance, I still cannot boot to the recovery partition. Command R tries to jump to internet recovery...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery Partition

Does anyone have a way of maintaining the recovery partition with Mountain Lion. It seems once I re-image a machine with composer it kills the recovery partition. We only need them for purposes of encryption. I am getting an error when trying to encr...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlan PROe Help

I setup an evaluation instance on CrashPlan PROe yesterday. I am unable to get it to bind to our AD server. We have an assigned engineer from code42, but so far, he has been unable to provide a solution. EDIT:There seems to be a feedback issue with C...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

The Installation failed.

When I run the 8.62 QuickAdd package on about 8 Snow Leopard machines I get the following error: The installation failed. The following installation step failed: run postflight script for QuickAdd. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. It...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Building an OS Image in Composer

I currently have an OS base install of 10.7 setup on an external hard drive. Will composer be able to build the OS image with the Recovery Partition, or must this be done separately? I am aware that I may need to mount the recovery partition. Thanks ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using a VM for testing and running JSS

Hello all, I attended the JNUC last month and heard some great ideas about how administrators are using virtual servers to run the JSS and test servers on (to upgrade from previous casper updates and test). I am currently running my Casper Server on ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Base Image

I created a my base with Composer. Can this image be used Disk Utilities as restore image?What is the best way to install a base image on a new Mac with out using NetBoot. Can Casper Image be used with out have it installed on NetBoot.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault 2 management

Hey guys, What Am I missing? I am trying to get filevault 2 setup through the JSS to manage. I am following the guide and it says to look for "Disk Encryption Config" link under the management tab. There is nothing there regarding encryption. I don't...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allowing apps to run from certain folders only

If I'm Blacklisting/Whitelisting what folders applications are allowed to run from by using the com.apple.applicationaccess.new mcx and I want to allow a folder within a user's home folder how would I make it work for every user? What wildcard would ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Server issue

/usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.52Result of Software Update:Error: unsupported URLSoftware Update ToolCopyright 2002-2010 Apple We have a policy that rolls out software updates, for the past week it has been saying this on our update server what are we d...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dublicates after Recon 8.62

Hi folks,sorry for my stupid English i have a problem, my Server is JSS 8.62 when i Inventory with Recon 8.62 he shows my Applications sometimes double or even triple. For example: Firefox Version 16.0.2 and Firefox 3.0.14is anybody know this Problem...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to detect and remind users of their USB drive

A little off topic, but Campus Security is tired of getting lost USB drives. They are on a little campaign with the computer labs on campus to remind students to remove their USB drives. One request is to have the computer remind them. Before I attem...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype 6.0

Has anyone had any issues with deploying Skype 6.0? Copying into the Applications folder through ARD works fine, just not through Casper. If a Mac has never had Skype before, it installs just fine. But when current users are upgraded the result has t...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash Player disabled pop up

Ok so I downloaded the latest flas, mounted the dmg, extracted the real pkg and put that in my work flow. Now after the build and logging in a pop up OS box comes up to say it is out of date and it has been disabled! What's going on? It IS the latest...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

#K12 Whispercast, Kindles, and iPads in Schools

Has anyone tested or started using Amazon's Whispercast to distribute Amazon books and other content? Sounds like it has many MDM features for Kindles and for the Kindle app (for iPad, Android, etc) and its free. https://whispercast.amazon.com/ We're...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Home Folder on separate partition

I am currently using a sym link to link /Users to a separate partition /Volumes/UserData/Users however, I understand that this is not the preferred method since some 3rd parties don't correctly follow a symlink.Please give me some feedback on the pre...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

IP pickup

I am trying to find out how often the IP information of a machine is updated. Is it only when it phones home? Is it when we run an inventory? Is it both? We are trying to run recon on several machines and trying to connect with them seems to be a bit...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package to turn off WiFi when Ethernet is present.

During the JAMF Nation User Conference, it was asked in one of the sessions if any one had a process or program to help prevent bridging networks. I have a package that will do just that. It was created to turn off the WiFi connection when an active ...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 1 kudos

Scripting remove files

I am new to Mac and Jamf. When our MacBooks were imaged the Spotlight stopped working. I found the problem is i need to remove a file from the root named .metedata_never_index and restart the indexer I am attempting to wright a script to use with the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set FireFox homepage via Casper Imaging

GM All,Has anyone had success setting FireFox's homepage through Casper Imaging? During our Jump Start session, I believe we proved that it was possible but since then, we have been unable to dynamically set the homepage of any current/new accounts? ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7.5 NetBoot Image

Anyone built a plain 10.7.5 NetBoot image and if so how big is it? Referring to a very plain image, OS install, fully patched, did not remove any applications, added Casper Imaging. When I built it the NetBoot.dmg file is 16.55GB. My previous 10.7.3 ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors