Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

System Unable to Unlock Login Keychain on Netboot Image

I have a freshly created 10.7.4 Netboot Image, created with the specifications here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=63 Whenever boot from it, I get "The system was unable to unlock your login keychain" with the options to Continu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot / Flashing Globe / Option Key Works

I'm trying to get Netboot working in our Lab so that I can setup autorun for reimaging. I have the NetSUS server on the same subnet, and if I reboot a workstation and hold the Option key down, it lets me select Faux Network Boot Disk, and it boots up...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Bootcamp at imaging

Does anyone have any best practices for deploying a Windows 7 Ent Bootcamp image? I have our OS X 10.7 images deploying beautifully. I was hoping to wrap up our Bootcamp image to go out over the network at the same time. It would save me a ton of tim...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service - Slow login time (delayed LDAP auth.?)

I currently have our JSS integrated with LDAP and would like to require our users to authenticate using their LDAP credentials when accessing the self service portal on iOS devices. Currently users are able to log into the self service portal using t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Scripts Authentication error 10.8

Hi all, We are running a mount script on login that mounts a users desktop and documents to an smb share on the server. Prior to mountain lion this worked with no issues at all. Now I am getting an authentication error when the script runs. Did caspe...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote - User Prompt

Hello - Is there a quick and easy way to prompt the user to accept/decline a remote control request via Casper Remote? Thanks for any help.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-Apple USB Ethernet Adapters

I've encountered a problem with non-Apple USB Ethernet adapters not always loading immediately upon boot. The symptom is no network connectivity and the workaround is to unplug and replug the adapter. With the TRENDnet TU2-ETG Gigabit Ethernet adapte...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripts.

Hey guys, We are starting our Mac Air deployments in the next month or so and I am trying to find a script. I was wondering if there is a script that I can have casper run every so often to have the computer name checked to see if it is the serial nu...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Start items at login.

Hi, We have a requirement to start certain items at login (a few .app, and some network shares) larger dependant on which AD group a user is in. Using Policies we can get it to run but it only seems to run as root, not as the logging in user. Using M...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick way to delete all computers from JSS

Hello all, We've recently imported our production JSS database into our developer JSS. When importing the database, of course all the computer objects are also transferred across. Is there a quick way of deleting all the computers in the JSS rather t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8 InstaDMG

has anyone got this working? i got the catalog from Dave but i cannot get this working. sudo ./instaUp2Date.py 10.8GM_vanilla --process Parsing the catalog files for 10.8GM_vanillaTraceback (most recent call last): File "./instaUp2Date.py", line 716,...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iMacs not displaying list of network users

We only use the MCX key "ShowNetworkUsers" for our Elementary labs because the list makes it a bit easier for the younger kids to log in. Since migrating from OD to JAMF for managing the machines, I have not been able to get the 10.6.8 iMacs to show ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applying Numerous Office 2011 Updates

We use Microsoft Office as our productivity suite, and are having a hard time keeping the clients up to date with Microsoft Office hot fixes/security patches. Microsoft does not use cumulative updates, and requires you install all of the patches in o...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage computers via domain account vs. local account?

As mentioned earlier, I'm new... forgive me asking the obvious or already-answered. I believe the QuickAdd utility creates a local account (possibly hidden) on the machines. This account is used for Casper's management, package deployment, recon and ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute To Display MS Office Versions

Hello all, I need help creating 2 Extension Attributes – 1 for Office 2011 & the other for Office 2008 – to display this info for inventory. I’ve been searching around for this, but so far no luck – I’d appreciate it if someone can help me with this....  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Configurations and partitions.

We've got a base Mac image that we use for all our machines. However, We have two images, one with Windows as a VM, and one with Windows as a separate partition. So the only difference between them is Parallels, and a Winclone file. What's the easies...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pass policy name (or ID) to script?

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know if there is a way for a script being called by a policy to actually know which policy is running it? Or I guess which policy downloaded the script to the client?I think the answer is probably "no", but...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ML: Block AppStore, allow SWU

Currently we're blocking AppStore with restricted software. Is anyone aware of how we may be able to block AppStore but allow Software Update in Mountain Lion? (Cue Nate saying Munki.)  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

ichat configuration deployment

Hi guys, our company has just launched a new jabber server and at the end of the month we want to roll it out to all users. I am having an issue with this because lots of users have different aim services running in ichat in addition to our old jabbe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect To Server Address

I'd like all users to have the servers that they need to connect to populate under the "Go>Connect To Server" menu Is there a way to do this with the JSS? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Multicast imaging recommendations?

We have 700 MacBook Pros that need to be imaged. Because of space and staff limitations here, we have a vendor partner that images them for us at their facility. They are connected to us by dedicated VPN and we have a local NetBoot server and distrib...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User prompt before policy execution

Hi Guys,Have a fun one, i have a policy i want to put in place to do software updates during certain times.Once completed, if a restart is required, the users have 90 minutes before the machine will restart after they hit ok. I have been asked by the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ML Script to modify current user settings

I'm working on ML through SS deployment, and I have the firstboot package that is working properly except for turning on the screensaver password for the user that launched the SS task. However a new user that logs into the box it does work for (it's...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors