Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Configuration profiles on 10.7.4

Are there other people having issues with configuration profiles? I am new to JAMF so there maybe something I am doing wrong. I have worked with the JAMF support and they can replicate the problem I am having in their test environment, but I thought ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Associate LDAP with a Mobile Device

I need to have devices enrolled in the JSS before the end users touch them in a one to one deployment. At the same time I want LDAP associated with the device. Does anyone know of any way other than enrollment, and manual input, to associate user inf...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error: This script must be run at the login trigger

I am getting this message after trying to manually run the script in Casper Remote. I am new to all this so I might be missing some info in the script itself. I am trying to run mountNetworkShare.sh so any user that logs in their network drives will ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Icons

Hey Nation, I wrote a script that I have been using to help find great icons for Self Service and thought I would share with the community. Below is a script that I wrote for helping you to find .icns files and change them into .png files for use wit...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat X Pro update from terminal

Does anyone know if it is possible to launch the Acrobat updater from terminal or a script? I am trying to see if it is possible to script this and have it in Self Service so that standard (non-admin) users can just run it to make my life easier. At ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filesystem and FileVault 2 notes

For those with ADC accounts and access to the Apple Mountain Lion developer forums, I've posted my notes from various security and FileVault 2 related sessions at the following links: Security Framework session notes: https://devforums.apple.com/thre...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nested Groups in Open Directory

We are new to JAMF and are in the middle of setting things up. Need to know if it's possible for the JSS to see users in nested groups. it's working just fine seeing users in groups but we are running OS X Server 10.7 and are utilizing group nesting.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick way to pull full JSS inventory dump?

I'm able to pull database and table info from MySQL but not sure how to do a full inventory dump, including applications information. Is there a clif note floating around that we can reference? I'm a little rusty from my Xinet days, but I was able to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable data and/or voice roaming | IOS 5

The feature list of the CasperSuite IOS includes the ability to disable data and/or voice roaming. It's not named in the category of restrictions. What exactly are the setting to disable data andö/or voice roaming on IOS 5?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Any one using asl for Change Management Logs??

I am trying to unify the Change Management logs from a Casper Cluster using syslog with ASL instead of BSD style to take advantage of security, log rotation etc. I get the logs but they seem to have lots of unprintable characters in them and not have...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 6 No password required to update apps?

http://www.everythingicafe.com/ios-6-require-password-entry-updating-apps/2012/06/14/ This would be amazing. With large deployments of school district owned apps, linked to one apple id makes life miserable for techs. It would be nice if the end user...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple SUS - Can't Enable iPhoto 9.3 Update

I can't enable the iPhoto 9.3 update on any of my Apple software update servers because it seems that it won't download the update. After I choose the 9.3 update, hit Save, then Copy Now I get this error... : ignored invalid download request for prod...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot with Thunderbolt/Gigabit adapter?

OK, so I'm sure we won't have a problem booting the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display (MBPRD) using the Thunderbolt/Gigabit adapter. Will the adapter work with existing MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models? The spec seems to imply so: http://store.ap...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Network Account Server

I want to pull a report to see the network status, or Active Directory binding for the active machines in JAMF. I was looking at extension attributes and just tried to pull an advanced report showing AD under display but it seems to be unreliable. Is...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot/SUS VM

When I convert the OVA to a VM image it insists on provisioning all the space (i.e. 100GB). I've mounted another drive (NFS) as /svr to keep my files elsewhere - now I want to shirnk/reduce the size of the Netboot VM. Any ideas?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Manage Preferences application

Hi, I have a couple of Managed Preferences that I want to change from being applied 'User Level at Every Login' to 'User level at Next Login Only'. I've tried setting changing this in the drop down and then logging off and back on again but it looks ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Names not being applied

When imaging 2 specific computers that worked fine a few days ago with Casper imaging the name is not being applied causing some of the post run scripts not to run. Ive tried deleting the Autorun data, deleting the machine info all together and nothi...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS and the 2012-004 Lion Java update

Hi Jamfnation- I'm a netSUS appliance newbie, and I'm having trouble with the Java 2012-004 update that was released yesterday. Basically, I've enabled that update on the appliance in my root branch, but clients are not seeing it.If I enable or disab...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script not found during imaging?

I'm running JSS 8.52 on a Windows 2008R2 VM and seeing a peculiar issue. I'm using the "flush policy script" from the Resource Kit. I've got it in my configuration and it is in the Scripts folder on the Casper share but I get an error in the logs tha...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add a Keychain entry? Auto mount network share

So here is my situation... I have all 10.7.x systems, and I want to auto-mount a network share on login. Systems are NOT bound to any OD/AD account, and based on my highly distributed environment, won't be. I have a Lion server with OD running with s...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion Dock Icon (Safari or Firefox Shortcut)

Thought this might help someone - Noticed today with 10.7.4 shortcuts to internet sites in the dock were missing their spring icon. The shortcuts were there and working but just a blank space in the dock, no icon. Finally figured it out, looks like t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Black text boxes

I added a URL "plugin" in Self Service. It's my webmail login page which is hosted on a 10.6.8 server so it's just the default SquirrelMail page. The text boxes for username and password come up black in Self Service but they come up fine in Safari. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors