Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Optimum "max_allowed_packet" variable

I was recently trying to flush a large log and it came up with an error. Did a little reading and I think it's because my max packet size was set to the default of 1M. I see in the JSS Utility you can take it up to 16MB. Is there an optimum setting ?...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script's in Resource Kit

All, When using the following scripts from the Resource Kit: setTimeServer.shenableFileSharing.shenableFirewall.shencryptVirtualMemory.sh I receive the following errors: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 7.01Executing Policy ACI Compliance Preferences...Down...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

nightly imaging NOT happening...why God, why?

I have been having a dickens of a time getting my computer lab to image every night. I've been at it for a few weeks, and every time I think I have it solved, I don't. My current setup is this: - 26 machines, with a Restore partition, and packages ca...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetInstall via Resource Kit

Hi, I have made a Snow Leopard netinstall image with the resource kit, but when I quite Casper Imaging I get a kernal panic. The same thing happens with my Leopard 10.5.8 netinstall image made the same way. It does not kernal panic on the auto reboot...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting help - might be easy

I'm having a strange problem that is randomly showing up where the admin GROUP is being deleted from the users systems, demoting the local admin account to a standard user. The users are all standard users anyway so they don't notice a thing until th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee EPO Servers, VirusScan &/or McAfee Security

We are running McAfee EPO servers here.The EPO servers were upgraded from version 3.6 to 4.0 recently.PCs were moved from the 3.6 server to the 4.0 server using McAfee's tools.We were not successful moving Mac users EPO servers via the McAfee servert...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot w/Casper imaging (Version 7.0)

We are having an issue with imaging with Casper Netboot (diskless).The process appears to work however, when the machine finishes imagingand reboots, the machine hasn't been imaged at all. It appears thehard drive isn't being erased. I have successfu...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating distribution for QuarkXPress... All versions

Hello, Has anyone created a distribution package or dmg of QuarkXPresssuccessfully? I don't even know how to start and am sort-of thinking it mayme impossible with the single-licensed software as we have. For instance,Quark 6.x you cannot install wit...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Notebook on imaged machine

Following up on my earlier thread about using Composer to create a packagefor Smart Notebook 10, I am now in the process of just trying to manuallyinstall a working copy on a machine that has been imaged using Casper. I'vetried a clean uninstall and ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open Directory service running on JSS Box?

Folks, Anyone have opinion or experience: I would like to run Open Directory on the same box that is hosting myJSS. All thoughts appreciated. Thanks in advance! -pat -- Yep, I'm using Comic Sans Pat Camporeale180 AmsterdamHerengracht 5061017CB Amster...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows partition is empty...

I have created a new Windows image using winclone, when attempting to imagea machine Casper will create the partition and takes about the right timedoing the copy/install but after rebooting the windows partition is empty.I have checked and changed a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat pro 9

Hi Guys, Has anyone else had problems with acrobat pro 9 or know how to successfully install it, There are no composer diffs for 9 I have made a package with Composer and got passed the crashing on launch for network users by redirecting the Applicat...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script for running Disk Permission Repair

Our network consultant suggested that we run Disk Permission Repair on all of our Mac Books to improve performance. Does anyone have a script that we could run that would accomplish this? Thanks.Tom QueckNew Kensington Arnold School DistrictNew Kensi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Updates & Optical Drives

I have a rather "odd" issue, that I was hoping someone had seen orexperienced... When a machine (specifically it seems the white/black MacBooks, but we canreproduce on an older MacBook Pro), phone home every 15-minutes to updatetheir inventory on the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS4 vs CS3

When we install CS4 via Casper using the JAMF reresource kit method it seems to break our existing CS3 installs. We get a licensing error when we launch CS3. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what have you done to get both CS3 and CS4 working ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fall 2009 Minneapolis area Casper Users Group

Hello Everyone! The Date has been set for the fall Casper User Group in the Twin Cities area! This CUG will be held at the Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Public Schools district offices on October 29th. Here are the particulars: October 29, 200912-4pm ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fall Casper Users Group Twin Cities

http://www.district196.org/District/ContactUs/CUGmeetinginfo.cfm hey there folks, we're going to be hosting a Fall Casper User's Grouphere on October 29th. We didn't want Hopkins School District to haveall the fun! Seriously though, John Wetter is th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Final Cut Express (and other pro applications)

What is the best way to create images for Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro Suite, and the other apple pro applications? I created the package the normal way after Installing the software, getting the updates, running the application (and doing the re...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iwork 09 license file?

We have a volume license for iwork, but i have a user who downloaded the trial. He worked on a presentation and the trial ran out while it was open. Now he cannot save. Anyone know where the volume license file is located? I'd like to transfer my vol...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

well that's odd

Anyone else notice that on the second page of the Casper 7.1 manual it says, "Maker’s Mark is a registered trademark of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Inc." yet there's no mention of Maker's Mark (that I can find) in the manual?? weird...---Jared F. Nic...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading Casper Imaging on Netboot volume.

I am getting ready to upgrade to v7.1 from v6. My one outstanding question relates to Casper Imaging on the Netboot volume. I know I have to upgrade it too... do I have to rebuild the netboot image or can I just open it and replace Imaging v6 with v7...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Licensing

With Apple's new Education Licensing program, I need to quickly identify how many computers are under 4 years old. I can create a smart group to find how many are over 4 years old, but I can't seem to think of a way to easily create a group for compu...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Weird JSS problem with NetBoot server setting

This one is driving me nuts: I cannot save NetBoot server info for a particular group of machines in my JSS. To be more specific, if I set the NetBoot server by editing the properties of an individual computer in the JSS, the change isn't saved at al...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to see what's been cached? - REDUX

O' Boy.... my first reply on this list and my first mistake... I left out the final directory that actually houses the cached items. du -hs /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/*  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to see what's been cached?

All, I have a lab setup with a Restore partition on each machine. How can I see which packages have actually been cached on each machine? -Baker Baker FrankeComputer Science Dept.University of Chicago Laboratory Schools773.702.5419  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

vpn under 10.6.1

Dear all Do anybody knows which is the file/s created when configured VPN under System Preferences?I want to be able to deploy this on a package many thanks Carmelo Lopez Portilla ITS EMBL Heidelberg  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows Recon Rollout

We are looking to roll out Recon on Windows using group policy.I found this command through some googling: PATHRecon.exe -server DOMAIN.COM -username USER -password PASS But all the command does is launch Recon. Did the command change for Recon on Wi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update\Change LDAP Settings - Entourage

Hi - I was wondering if anyone has found a way to change the LDAP settings (host name) in both Entourage 2004 & 2007 through automation? The updated res kit that is released has a script for entourage setup however it focuses on setting up the profil...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD ad Groups

Howdy, I've been working with the admin packs ard script. The problem I have is I don't want to add individual users I want to ad AD groups. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Theodore "Teddy" HermanSystems EngineerSpring Branch ISD  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors