Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Autologin

Hey All, I am sure this is a simple thing, but let's say I have autologin configuredfor a user account. The autologin works at a reboot like it should. Let's say the account does a standard logout so now it returns to a loginscreen. Is there a way to...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server Performance - Java Memory

I'm looking into options to get better performance from my JSS. Its adual cpu quad core xserve with 20GB of memory. Every morning we have about 1500 computers startup at the same time whichputs a heavy load of both Java and MySQL. The Java process ru...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to restart cups

I have some policies to uninstall and reinstall some print drivers. I wantto make sure cups gets restarted. I made this script but want to make surethat this is the best way to restart cups. #!/bin/sh sudo killall cupsdsudo /usr/sbin/cupsd Rich Dagel...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Splash screen notification for user when updates are applied

Hello all,Pretty new to the Casper Suite and am needing to push software updates tothe computers on our campus. I would like the users to know that somethingis being downloaded and installed to prevent them from thinking the computeris frozen and for...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging VMWare Fusion 2

Hi- I'm having trouble getting the license to take in my package. I've followed the white paper that Jamf's provided to the T, but every time I launch VMWare Fusion 2 for the first time, it prompts for the license key. Has anyone else run into this? ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

At Reboot Scripts

Is there a way to force the order of at reboot scripts? I have two scripts that run at first boot, one that resets the policy history, and one that runs a firstRun trigger, which runs a few policies that will create an account, install parallels, and...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone using Kanaka?

Hi all, I'm curious if anyone else on the list is using Kanaka to authenticate their Mac's to eDirectory? The application itself has been working fine, my problem is trying to deploy the client with Casper, I have managed to deploy the client with AR...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin 7.0 freezes at "Creating Bill of Materials..."

I'm curious as to what would cause Casper Admin to freeze at the end of an image transfer to the server. The latest occurred after transferring a 17 GB WinClone file. I get the spinning beachball, and have to force-quit Admin. Once, when this happene...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX in Casper

We are thinking of ditching OD and moving to Casper for enforcing MCX, so Ihave been playing around with that this morning.Are you supposed to be able to upload any plist via "Upload Setting"? I canfind no documentation on this feature. Anytime I cli...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[BULK] Re: Restricted Software

I just took a peek in my OD server for you, the plist file is this: com.apple.Applications.new Inside that plist you will have two settings under the "ALWAYS" section. This is where you set the full paths pathWhiteList-Raw Then add strings of the ful...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[BULK] Re: Adobe CS4 redux

Mine is not the master collection, it is also Design Premium, you saythat the Master Collection works with out a hitch? Adobe is starting toreally get on my nerves, but everyone uses their products. Thanks Tom  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Failed hard drives due to re-imaging

Is anyone else having problems with hard drives not being recognized after afailed imaging process?I start to re-image a machine that has been netbooted with Casper Imaging,it freezes during the imaging process, and I have to force-quit/manuallypower...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS4 redux

So..... CS4 is hard to install, CS3 was a cinch. What exactly changed? I am using the pre and post configs from the resource kit and the policy is triggered at start up... Before that it was just start up trigger. If I copy the image file manually an...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software license tracking.

Two part question. 1) How do you all track track your software serial numbers? Do you use the Licensed Software feature in Casper? 2) If you are using the Licensed Software feature in Casper... and you had 100 individual Quicktime Pro Serial numbers....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging Partition

I'm having an issue with imaging my iMacs with a BootCamp partition, if they already contain a BootCamp partition. I would like to reimage the drives regardless of what partitions are already on there. So what I would like is a script that partitions...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

<no subject>

I'm using OD to manage allowed applications, but some of my users are falling out of the "managed" category (in System Prefs -> Accounts, they're only "Mobile," no longer "Managed," and preferences aren't applied). Is there a way to get them "Managed...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX com.apple.desktop

I am managing a preference to give the user (when they initially log in)a particular desktop. It's set to "User Level at Next Login Only" whichis basically, "once". They can sure change it, but when they log out andlog back in, it reverts back to the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

No login screen on several macs

I have got some trouble after upgrading to Casper7.1, in the console i find the following error: 14.09.09 08.59.16 com.apple.loginwindow[33] MCXCCacheGraph(localhost, dsRecTypeStandard:Computers): Cannot cache because an existing record named "localh...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Revisited - Computers not rebooting after imaging

Hi Everyone, We seem to be having a resurgence of computers that image and get to the end, but then fail to write the firstrun script and reboot. We’re using the NetRestore Maker from June and the Casper Imaging 7.01 app, and the image is of 10.5.8 o...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launch services

Ok, so I created a package for The Unarchiver, and in that package is the com.apple.launchservices.plist. Now I know that there is a lot more info stored in that file than just the file types that I want The Unarchiver to open. When I push out this s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security settings

Hi all- I've been working on a script to modify security settings on a system. You can deploy it just about any way that you wish, including with Casper. I deploy it through my core services package which preps the machine for use on our LAN, however...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iTunes 9 and Home Share

Hi, Has anyone found a way via Casper to turn off Home Sharing in iTunesv9? I know you can turn off sharing in iTunes with Casper, but Ireally can't have users having the ability to copy files betweenmachines. Best wishes Michael  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Duplicate Entries

Our IT team recently had to move computers around in a hand-me-down type fashion. Because of this, we had to rename computers (automated from a non-JAMF script matching a DNS entry) and thus have some matching computer names (hostnames) with differin...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Odd behaviour since upgrading to Casper 7.1

My JSS is behaving oddly for the first time in about 3 years. I'm seen an error message when starting Casper Remote, and also when I interrupt an autorun imaging task so that I can manually tweak the imaging settings. A small window pops up saying: "...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

feature request, again

I have a very simple feature request. I would like the ability from the management > policies tab to add the ability to flush the policy logs from a link. That way I don't have to view the status, and then flush it after it loads. I have a few log in...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advise or opinions? > JSS 7.01 & Mac Mini

Howdy all! I'm running JSS on a Mac Mini attached to a FW400 2TB LaCie RAID 0 and runsnicely. 10.5.8 Server with all the latest and greatest updates.It is a Core 2 Duo and I have been reading the misconceptions of SnowLeopard's 64 bit going around on...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Dummy Receipts

I needed to install new Keynote templates on machines that have iWork 09.So, I created the Templates package along with a dummy package. I cachedthe Templates on machines that had iWork 09 and installed the dummy packageat the same time. Then, I crea...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

hidden user

Hi- anyone else find that on 10.6, your ssh account is visible in the Accounts preference pane? it has a less than 500 UID (101 I think) and i made sure com.apple.loginwindow.plist has Hide500Users set to true. any ideas? j---Jared F. NicholsDesktop ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors